Anyone who would like a tutorial not listed here, please post a request in the REQUEST FORUM.
Some of these tutorials assume that you already have the program/add-on installed on your computer/browser.
If you already have an IRC client, here is how you access the channel
- Install mIRC and open it.
- click File>Select Server (or Alt + E), then the "Add" button
- in the box that comes up, add:Description: (you can choose this)
IRC Server: irc.ndos.net
Group: (you can choose this as well)
Password: (leave this blank!)
- Press OK
- Find the server you just added (It'll be listed by the group), and double click it.
- Add your KP/ HAVEN nickname to your nickname.
- under the Category bar, open the Connect section by clicking the [+]. Then, click options, and then the "Perform" button
- click the "Enable perform on connect" if it isn't already checked.
- In the Drop-down menu, click the group that you chose for the IRC channel
- in the Perform commands, add/j #kpslashhaven
- click ok, and go back to the top of the category bar, to Connect.
- Click Connect.
- In Firefox, click Tools, and then Add ons:
- In the add-on screen, click on the "Get Add on's button" at the top right. if ChatZilla is not in the quick list, type it in the search box and hit enter.
- Click "Add To Firefox" and confirm the installation. You'll be asked to restart firefox afterward (this will either be by a popup window, or an IE style "restart" bar at the top of the add on's window depending on your version of firefox.
- When firefox restarts it should show your add-on list with the advice that a new add-on has been installed. Find ChatZilla on this list, and click Options. (if you do not get the add on's installed pop when restarting firefox, you can access it by going to tools, then add ons again.)
- The options screen for ChatZilla will appear. you will only be concerned with two areas of this screen for basic use. The first is the "General" tab at the top of this screen. This tab is split into three area's, the second area, "Identification" is what you want to work with. look for the "Nickname" field. It usually default's to your computer's username. replace this with your KP Slash Haven username. (such as Eoraptor)
- Next, click the "Startup" tab. It is split in to two areas. Go down to "Auto-connect URL's" and click Add. Type in
and click OK. You should not need to worry about any other fields in the options screen for ChatZilla. Click Apply and/or OK.irc://irc.ndos.net/kpslashhaven
- ChatZilla is now configured. To open it, go to Tools, and ChatZilla will appear down the list. Click on it to Open ChatZilla directly to KP Slash Haven.
- Chatzilla takes a moment to load, depending on your connection speed, so be patient... along the bottom of the ChatZilla Window (which can be maximized if needed) will be a series of tabs. the second one to load will be the one to the KP Slash Haven channel. this is the tab you should always chat in. Along the left side is the list of users currently logged in, with different colors indicating different chat privileges. Enjoy!
- Upon opening the program, the networks list will automatically pop up. First and foremost, put in your FORUM nickname, or something similar.
- click on the button marked "Add" then type in a label and hit enter. Then click on the button marked "Edit".
- Click on "Add", then "Edit" and type inirc.ndos.net/6667
- In the box labelled "Favorite Channels", type in #kpslashhaven.
- Press "Close". Your Network List window will show again.
- Press Connect
Note: these tutorials do not cover any advanced IRC functions such as privileges, switches, or changing nicknames on the fly. Please take time to learn these on your own, or, ask someone in the channel.