Moderated Users

Announcements from the Admins/Mods go here :)
Sheki Go
The Submissive Chocoholic
Beta?: Willing: Grammer=Weak

Re: Moderated Users

Unread postby Sheki Go » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:47 am

Benzie wrote:
OsterPenPen wrote:your parents have a whole lot more money than sense.

She lives in Colorado; a buck would make this true. :lol:
The Supreme One wrote:You don't believe me?

Yes, I don't believe you. Basically, the only way I could believe that you own a cheetah in Colorado at your age would be with a picture of you, the cheetah, and a hobo on a couch with the Rockies in the background, taken between seven and eight in the morning mountain standard time.

Translation:

^This.
Image ImageImage

The Supreme One
Beta?: grammer bester I has.
Email Address: You figure it out

Unread postby The Supreme One » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:09 am

OPP, don't talk about my parents
Last edited by Love Robin on Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Approved
twin-3 wrote:In Weissest day, in Blakest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, Beware my power (it is also a gun), Beacon's light!!!

vampireprincess
Email Address: heavens_fallen_angel2@yahoo.com

Unread postby vampireprincess » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:30 am

Sheki Go wrote:
Benzie wrote:
OsterPenPen wrote:your parents have a whole lot more money than sense.

She lives in Colorado; a buck would make this true. :lol:
The Supreme One wrote:You don't believe me?

Yes, I don't believe you. Basically, the only way I could believe that you own a cheetah in Colorado at your age would be with a picture of you, the cheetah, and a hobo on a couch with the Rockies in the background, taken between seven and eight in the morning mountain standard time.

Translation:

^This.

thirded
I heard this while sneaking into the Santa Monica warehouse in Vampires: The Masqurade - Bloodlines:
First Guy: I'm hungry, let's order a pizza.
Second Guy: Order a pizza, ORDER A PIZZA? Where they gonna deliver it, numbnuts? Thirteen abandoned warehouse full of kill on sight hot heads way?

TVTropes about Vampires: The Masqurade - Bloodlines: A more intellectual bit of humor is the fact that the entire game is one long Spanner in the Works joke. LaCroix sends you on a mission to die almost immediately after you're embraced. You survive because the Sabbat aren't at the warehouse at the time and then go on to pretty much survive every trap laid out for you. By the end, LaCroix's entire empire has unravelled because of your obstinate refusal to die when you're told.

Shrink908
Site Admin
Email Address: shrink908@ndos.net

Unread postby Shrink908 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:36 am

Ok, guys this is getting out of hand.. Knock it off.
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Ffordesoon
Pillar of the Haven
Beta?: Hands full at the moment.
Email Address: ffordesoon@gmail.com

Unread postby Ffordesoon » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:24 pm

Shrink908 wrote:Ok, guys this is getting out of hand.. Knock it off.

I agree, actually. TSO's said nothing particularly outrageous*. This is starting to cross into bully territory. I expect better from you guys. :blink:

I mean, I get it, don't get me wrong. She's been snide to y'all in the past, and the temptation is to get in your shots while she can't fight back. But she also can't fight back, as this thread's very existence attests. That's just not fair. And saying stuff about her home state and her parents? I dunno, man.

I think you guys should apologize. Not cool. :(

EDIT: * - Correction: she's said nothing that's mean or completely outside the realm of possibility. Whether or not she's telling the truth is irrelevant; we could all be lying, you know? If she says she owns a cheetah, and she doesn't, too bad. That's no reason to treat her poorly.
Last edited by Ffordesoon on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
I live in the weeds.

Trahern
Pillar of the Haven
Beta?: NOOOooo...

Unread postby Trahern » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:55 pm

I am a mauve sentient armadillo.

I apologise for this blatent falsehood. Sentient armadillos are the same colour as all the rest.

Berserkeroo
Beta?: Willing to read
Email Address: theberserkerversi@gmail.com

Unread postby Berserkeroo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:32 pm

Agree with Trahern and Fford. Sheesh, you guys think I'm a human for crying out loud when you obviously see my picture as an icon. I'm a green and blue wolfyenaroo (wolf/hyena/kangaroo hybrid). Gosh you guys are so silly. ;P Leave the girl be. If it isn't hurting/killing you, leave people alone.

Sheki Go
The Submissive Chocoholic
Beta?: Willing: Grammer=Weak

Unread postby Sheki Go » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:32 pm

*shrugs* I was agreeing with pix or it didn't happen.
Sorry if I inadvertently hurt your feelings tso.
Image ImageImage

The Supreme One

Unread postby The Supreme One » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:14 am

Thanks, Shrink, fford
Last edited by Love Robin on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Approved
twin-3 wrote:In Weissest day, in Blakest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, Beware my power (it is also a gun), Beacon's light!!!

Benzie
Beta?: PM me
Email Address: abeatbehind@yahoo.com

Unread postby Benzie » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:35 am

Okay, I resent the "bully territory" comment. I call her out on her bullshit (and no, that's not being a bully, telling a kid that their imaginary friend is just imaginary isn't being a bully, it's being fucking real) all the time, especially when she could post six to seven times more than I could. My behavior has not changed- neither has hers- and I was answering a question directed at me in the manner I typically do.

So don't give me this "disapproving stare" and "you expect better" bullshit. She's supposedly a grown ass woman, she can speak up for herself.

After reading Shrink's post, I've actually avoided this thread to respect that. But you've got another fuckin' thing comin' if you think I'm gonna sit back and be chided for one damn post that is in line with all my other responses to TSO's shennanigans like some damn grade school brat.

FF.N, if you were curious.
BUDDY CHECK 22; Till Valhalla
Ffordesoon wrote:"Ninjas have licenses? Where do they get 'em, the ninja DMV?" -'Challange!' Round Robin

Ffordesoon
Pillar of the Haven
Beta?: Hands full at the moment.
Email Address: ffordesoon@gmail.com

Unread postby Ffordesoon » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:13 am

@Benzie:

You wanna know what? Fair enough. I apologize unreservedly. In particular, I retract the line about bullying, and will cross it out of the post. Upon further reflection, I don't think your post was particularly out of line. I don't know if this makes any sense, but I sometimes think too far ahead. Like, I wasn't reacting to a post that was already posted, but rather one that felt like it was about to be posted, but didn't end up actually, you know, being posted.

I guess what bothered me - and it really shouldn't have, if I'm honest, but I'm sort of sensitive to these things in particular - was the thing on the last page where you said "But we're not talking about a person, we're talking about TSO." I think I know how you meant it, but because of the way I am and the things that make me feel bad, my immediate reaction was to think that you were, you know, casually denying her personhood. Which is one of my few triggers, because of, well, a whole hell of a lot of stuff. But I bit my tongue, because I knew you were probably just kidding around.

And then, when she said "You don't believe me?", I started to feel bad for her, because I... well, let's just say I've been in her shoes before. And then the "pix or it didn't happen" picture had a screaming man on it, and even though I agreed with what you said and knew intellectually you were probably just joking, something about the tone of that image really bothered me. And the jab at her state - you were kidding, I know - didn't help. Not to mention that it read a little bit like you were taking a shot at her parents' financial situation, which I think we can both agree would be out of line. And then when she said "Don't talk about my parents," I just flashed in my head to being on the playground and being the subject of a game of keep-away that I could never win because I was the slow kid, and that triggered a latent protective instinct in me, and I wrote what I wrote.

I'm not saying any of this to engender sympathy. I just want you to understand where I was coming from and why I reacted the way I did. I don't have many triggers, but I do have them, and you happened to pull a couple by accident. I'm sorry I lectured you. Will you please forgive me?
I live in the weeds.

Benzie
Beta?: PM me
Email Address: abeatbehind@yahoo.com

Unread postby Benzie » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:58 am

More often than not, it is not what we said that is remembered; it is what they heard. Don't apologize for taking things the way you did, Fford. We all have our buttons and our reactions. As long as you don't fly off the handle and eat a baby, I'm certainly not one to judge you on that alone. I was pretty harsh in my rebutal.

I will clarify that my previous comment was "But we're not talking about people; we're talking about TSO" in response to PL's "People do odd things" comment. The chief emphasis being that I used "people" and not "person"; I wasn't denying TSO's personhood (which I didn't even know was a word, by the by, but I really like it so now I'm going to purposefully look for a context to use it in) but saying that, rather than talking about a general idea of something, we were talking about a specific something. "But we're not talking about the Army; we're talking about soldiers" is where I got that from. Fair point in that it's usually used in a negative way.

And, honestly, couldn't find another "pix or it didn't happen" pic. At least not one without Albert Einstein on it, and I thought those were a bit too hypocritical to use. Also thought it was a funny pic. I was looking for a MLP one I remembered seeing with Trixie, but couldn't find the damn thing.

What to take away from this: I will concede that maybe I've been a little more aggressive in my teasing of TSO (and knocks against Colorado, but Colorado totes deserves it) so I will back off.

FF.N, if you were curious.
BUDDY CHECK 22; Till Valhalla
Ffordesoon wrote:"Ninjas have licenses? Where do they get 'em, the ninja DMV?" -'Challange!' Round Robin

The Supreme One

Unread postby The Supreme One » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:43 am

All that got me was when my parents were mentioned

Berserkeroo
Beta?: Willing to read
Email Address: theberserkerversi@gmail.com

Unread postby Berserkeroo » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:27 pm

Which is understandable TSO, I'd be the first one to lash out at anyone who mentions my rents. As for Benz, I can understand it was mainly a joke and nothing was intentional, but like Fford you were pulling at some heartstrings. Never took you as a bully type, because that would be petty, but I don't brush off something that could hurt people. I usually don't give a damn about other people, but one thing that I can't stand is a rude ass mother fucker, an obnoxious prick, and a damn bully (not saying that anyone has been one, just letting it be known). So I think we should just get off this and talk about something else. All in favor? *raises hand*

Return to “Announcements”