I've been robbed...

Announcements from the Admins/Mods go here :)
Benzie
Beta?: PM me
Email Address: abeatbehind@yahoo.com

Re: I've been robbed...

Unread postby Benzie » Tue May 29, 2012 11:49 pm

They will, in time; hit the cars, see how the community reacts, hit the houses, the same. They'll wait until they think people have forgotten and hit another "soft" target. The trick is to make them think no one is looking.

FF.N, if you were curious.
BUDDY CHECK 22; Till Valhalla
Ffordesoon wrote:"Ninjas have licenses? Where do they get 'em, the ninja DMV?" -'Challange!' Round Robin

Eoraptor
Pillar of the Haven
Beta?: Maybe, but I go for the throat
Email Address: you can have my email address when you pry it from my cold, lifeless fingers!!!

Unread postby Eoraptor » Tue May 29, 2012 11:51 pm

actually the trick is to wire up a nice juicey target car with a pound or two of C4 and wire it into the windows so that it detonates when smashed or picked
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor
Howard Tayler wrote:Never forget... when a social media site is free (Facebook), you're not the customer, you're the product

SickandWrong wrote:...like High Definition for fanfics.

Benzie
Beta?: PM me
Email Address: abeatbehind@yahoo.com

Unread postby Benzie » Wed May 30, 2012 12:34 am

Technically, that could be considered premeditated manslaughter (or something like that, I'm not a damn lawyer!), since the vehicle will be destroyed in the process thus negating the argument that it's a crime deterent. It is, mind you- I sure as hell wouldn't touch a neighborhood that blows up criminals on a regular basis- but the courts likely won't see it that way.

FF.N, if you were curious.
BUDDY CHECK 22; Till Valhalla
Ffordesoon wrote:"Ninjas have licenses? Where do they get 'em, the ninja DMV?" -'Challange!' Round Robin

Alex.the.Pretty.Good
Beta?: looking for and willing to

Unread postby Alex.the.Pretty.Good » Wed May 30, 2012 6:30 am

Benzie wrote:... thus negating the argument that it's a crime deterent. It is, mind you- I sure as hell wouldn't touch a neighborhood that blows up criminals on a regular basis- but the courts likely won't see it that way.

I disagree. Personally, I think it's more probably another step in run-away escalation.

If the criminals know that they are "fair game" targets, they'll wait for an isolated citizen and shoot without asking questions.

That and it will also cause criminals to have a more callous attitude towards life in places where people don't have such draconian counter-measures. Just compare the number of police-officers killed by criminals in Western Europe with those in the US. I have no concrete numbers, but I do know that it's pretty rare here.

I really should continue this in the thread started by Dio in the "debates forum"...
Nearly everything is available on the internet.
Except common sense.

Eoraptor
Pillar of the Haven
Email Address: you can have my email address when you pry it from my cold, lifeless fingers!!!

Unread postby Eoraptor » Wed May 30, 2012 9:42 am

TECHNICALLY it's premeditated manslaughter (look at the texas shotgun fence posts of the 1870's which is where the precedent was set), but given how so many police forces are being scaled back, I'd also call it effective deterrent. One military grade shaped charge will keep bad folks away for months, perhaps years...

but, you know, they do call me a pessimist.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor
Howard Tayler wrote:Never forget... when a social media site is free (Facebook), you're not the customer, you're the product

The Supreme One
Beta?: grammer bester I has.
Email Address: You figure it out

Unread postby The Supreme One » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:55 am

Or you could get a shaped charge that detonated only towards them at waist level...
twin-3 wrote:In Weissest day, in Blakest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, Beware my power (it is also a gun), Beacon's light!!!

SickAndWrong
Location: Looking for a nice girl with a rap sheet and a prescription.

Unread postby SickAndWrong » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:42 pm

My brother's friend and his brother were sitting on their couch playing X-Box one night. Three armed dickholes kicked in the front door, and started yelling for their money. The friend's brother handed over his wallet, then asked the guy if he could have his drivers license out of it. Dude shot him point-blank in the head. Fortunately, wanna-be thugs like to carry .22s, and don't aim well. Dude survived, with a concussion, a scar, and recurring nightmares.

Which brings me to the point of my little story. After the following Christmas, my brother and I collected boxes from people we knew. Flat screen TV box, etc. We took all our bogus swag in the house, then unpacked the 12 gauge and the M-4 and waited for dark. When they kicked the door in the second time, they got one hell of a surprise. Sadly, they gave up, but the best part was when the cops were arguing over whose car the one who peed his pants would ride to jail in.

Not that I'm suggesting anyone do the same...
_

Trahern
Pillar of the Haven
Beta?: NOOOooo...

Unread postby Trahern » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:11 pm

That kind of thing can go sideways, but I'm glad it worked out for you.

The Supreme One

Unread postby The Supreme One » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:18 pm

That can go bad pretty quickly when the cops show up
twin-3 wrote:In Weissest day, in Blakest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, Beware my power (it is also a gun), Beacon's light!!!

SickAndWrong

Unread postby SickAndWrong » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:23 pm

We had two things on our side.

One, cowards don't like it when their victims are armed.

Two, the cops in GA don't mind a little self-defense now and again.
_

The Supreme One

Unread postby The Supreme One » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:18 am

Them some lenient cops there, damn

johnlite
Email Address: johnlite@hotmail.com

Unread postby johnlite » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:52 am

The Supreme One wrote:Them some lenient cops there, damn

Fla is even better.

many thanks; johnl 8-) :wninja:

SickAndWrong

Unread postby SickAndWrong » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:25 am

I'm not sure how you do it in CO, but in GA if someone breaks into your house you are allowed to use force - up to and including deadly force - in self defense. In fact, in GA one is allowed to use whatever force is necessary to prevent any forcible felony.

john wrote:Fla is even better.

I'm inclined to agree, although "Stand Your Ground" is about to get its first real test...
_

Eoraptor
Pillar of the Haven

Unread postby Eoraptor » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:48 am

oh please, that wasn't "Stand your ground;" that was "rambo neighborhood watch guy ignores orders from 911 operator and/or cop and kills a kid for walking through his neighborhood" You know, I ~might~ be able to understand that one if he were walking through a shittly slumhole... but it was a high end suburb.

*ahem*

Colorado also has a make my day law, it was passed shortly after I moved out.
-Lex Luthor

The Supreme One

Unread postby The Supreme One » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:02 pm

Yes it does, but they still get pretty mad at you

Return to “Announcements”