KPFanWorld.com/Caption This

Announcements from the Admins/Mods go here :)
Shrink908
Site Admin
Email Address: shrink908@ndos.net

KPFanWorld.com/Caption This

Unread postby Shrink908 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:34 pm

It has been brought to my attention that several of you use images in the "Caption This" posting from the KPFanWorld.com site. This site is apparently planning to shutdown. Because of this, if you want your caption images to still work you need to download them and host them elsewhere or embed them into the post in question, otherwise it will lead to an image error when they go offline. If you don't wish to do this, you may want to delete your posts that link to said site so as to not leave blank image errors all over the place. And before you ask the answer to when is "soon"...

However, I have sent an offer to transfer the entire site to my servers if the current owner would be willing to give the site and domain over to us.
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

daryl772003

Re: KPFanWorld.com/Caption This

Unread postby daryl772003 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:40 pm

hope it goes smoothly. the screen cap captioning is by far one of my favorite parts of the site

Shrink908
Site Admin

Unread postby Shrink908 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:09 pm

We're still waiting to hear back from them, though someone "oopsed" and their site is down until it's moved due to some odd unforeseen issues.. I hope they choose us to handle their hosting as at least I know my servers are stable and happy..
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Shrink908
Site Admin

Unread postby Shrink908 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:11 pm

We now have this site hosted and sort of operational.. Sven and I are working on the problems to get it back live.. We're also welcoming the KPFW users to our KP/ Chat room as well as inviting them to the Haven to be users here as well as on KPFW and RS.net.. The work goes a bit slow as we're having to convert some of it from Linux/Apache to work with Windows/IIS... So please be patient with us.
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

SvenEndori
Beta?: Very willing to help.

Unread postby SvenEndori » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:48 pm

Edit: I had a moment of brain fail. Disregard my previous message. Instead, know that I'm trying to get it sorted out so you can see the images again, so if they disappear, they should be back shortly.

SirSebastian wrote:One should never try to apply laws of nature to mad science.

SvenEndori
Beta?: Very willing to help.

Unread postby SvenEndori » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:21 am

We are, once again, migrating the server, in an attempt to comply with the previous writer's coding standards... Kindly bear with us while we try to get the site up and running and at least somewhat functional.

SirSebastian wrote:One should never try to apply laws of nature to mad science.

AmericanGecko
Pillar of the Haven
Email Address: gecko4891718@yahoo.com

Unread postby AmericanGecko » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:41 pm

Is the web address itself going to change, or will that still be the same?
A.G.
The Patriotic Reptile

:KP: FF.net :ron: Art Blog :rufus: DeviantArt

:idea: "The greatest challenge of any artist is to be your own harshest critic while simultaneously being your own biggest fan." - Anonymous
:idea: "Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, then drink in the moments that have the power to take your breath away."
:idea: "All the world's a stage...so follow your own script instead of letting someone else write it for you"
:idea: "If you waste all your money on crap and things that don't matter, what do you have to show for it in the end?"

Shrink908
Site Admin

Unread postby Shrink908 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:17 am

Still the same..
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

wrybread

Unread postby wrybread » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:52 am

I've long found KPFanWorld to be the indispensable site for background info, what with episode transcripts, synopses, and screencaps, even more than any other wiki or site. I just dropped in there & a "facelift" is pending.

On the need for makeover, I'm noncommittal. In fact, if pressed, I might echo Ron's lament in the Graduation episode. "Why do things have to change? Change is bad."

But seriously; I hope the features like transcripts are retained. I have confidence in the new management. Let me put it this way: the website might be in more caring hands than the Federal government is.

Love Robin
13th Muse
Beta?: Sure thang!!
Email Address: loverobin@aol.com

Unread postby Love Robin » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:45 am

wrybread wrote:I've long found KPFanWorld to be the indispensable site for background info, what with episode transcripts, synopses, and screencaps, even more than any other wiki or site. I just dropped in there & a "facelift" is pending.

On the need for makeover, I'm noncommittal. In fact, if pressed, I might echo Ron's lament in the Graduation episode. "Why do things have to change? Change is bad."

But seriously; I hope the features like transcripts are retained. I have confidence in the new management. Let me put it this way: the website might be in more caring hands than the Federal government is.
Welcome to the Haven!

Here is the issue, the Original KPFanWorld was actually split-hosted on 2 servers. The Main board, and the Caps. In effecting this transfer, the Caps were readily available via FTP download. However the rest of the site has to be mailed on DVD backups by way of snailmail

However, rest assured there are plans to upgrade the site, behind the scenes if not on the surface.

I'll be working on fixing the transcripts. Proofing the existing ones first, then adding the missing ones.
Love Robin, 13th Muse: "It's a Gift…and a Curse"
AOL, DA, FF.N, & Everywhere
--
Love Robin @ fanfiction.net
Now serving: Gypsies, Vamps & Thieves: 2
Recently:
  • Every Kim Possible
  • Norway, Norhow
  • Bonnie the Vampire Slayer
  • Sisters of the Slayer: Horse of War
--
DON'T START HAVING YOUR SIBLING SEX IN FRONT OF PEOPLE!! It's contagious, you know!! (link NSFW)
-Comment: Shit's contagious, yo…

AmericanGecko
Pillar of the Haven

Unread postby AmericanGecko » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:48 pm

Any word on the status of the upgrade, or should we chalk this up to a lost site?
A.G.
The Patriotic Reptile

:idea: "The greatest challenge of any artist is to be your own harshest critic while simultaneously being your own biggest fan." - Anonymous
:idea: "Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, then drink in the moments that have the power to take your breath away."
:idea: "All the world's a stage...so follow your own script instead of letting someone else write it for you"
:idea: "If you waste all your money on crap and things that don't matter, what do you have to show for it in the end?"

Love Robin
13th Muse

Unread postby Love Robin » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:26 pm

AmericanGecko wrote:Any word on the status of the upgrade, or should we chalk this up to a lost site?
It is not lost, nor is it going to remain in its present wounded condition.

The pics are still there, the interface is just out of whack due to the fact the original site was divided in two. The coding would have the caps-side call back to the main-side where the code of thumbnail page resided, which then pointed back to the file structure we have now.

Since the temporary solution was reached, the old owner has not been motivated to snail-mail the full site backups on DVD.

I'll fire off a new email to Brian.

Still, the pics are there and accessible, as all the threads with links to pictures and new Abridged Series posts prove.
--
Recently:
  • Every Kim Possible
  • Norway, Norhow
--
DON'T START HAVING YOUR SIBLING SEX IN FRONT OF PEOPLE!! It's contagious, you know!! (link NSFW)

AmericanGecko
Pillar of the Haven

Unread postby AmericanGecko » Tue May 08, 2012 1:59 pm

Not working again, sadly. I also get a lot of "Image" errors where people posted caps from the site.
A.G.
The Patriotic Reptile

Love Robin
13th Muse

Unread postby Love Robin » Tue May 08, 2012 2:28 pm

AmericanGecko wrote:Not working again, sadly. I also get a lot of "Image" errors where people posted caps from the site.
A rebuild is going on in the background, so occasionally there will be outages.

Meanwhile, the base directory for the images is http://caps.kpfanworld.com/images/

Also be mindful of "photogallery" in the url. That points to thumbs. Replace that with "images" and it should take you to the large caps.
--
Recently:
  • Every Kim Possible
  • Norway, Norhow
--

AmericanGecko
Pillar of the Haven

Unread postby AmericanGecko » Mon May 14, 2012 9:34 am

Still not working on any level. And have tried it on both computers I have regular access to, one of which uses Explorer and the other Firefox.

Will say that it did work temporarily when the site was first rebooted, but nothing since.
A.G.
The Patriotic Reptile

Return to “Announcements”