Project Leads Needed: Banners and Archive

Announcements from the Admins/Mods go here :)
lextenou
Site Admin
Email Address: lextenou@gmail.com

Project Leads Needed: Banners and Archive

Unread postby lextenou » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:02 pm

Hello!

I need some volunteers to step up and help out. I've been promoted at work and can no longer afford the time needed to devote to the following projects.

I will be taking on the role of Senior Project Manager for both of these. This means that I will have final say on what is done and when. HOWEVER - I will not be involved in day-to-day work or building of projects on anything more than a high-level. That means that whoever volunteers to do this will only be coming to me after doing the legwork of figuring out what has to be done and gathering requirements. If this isn't clear, ask your questions.

- You may volunteer for more than one role.
- You may only be picked for one role unless special dispensation is given.
- You agree to communicate with everyone.
- You agree to abide by all rules of the forum.
- You agree to come to me with any and all concerns and questions.
- You agree to devote roughly 2-4 hours per week dedicated to this role.
- You agree to request help should your share of duties take significantly more than 2-4 hours per week.

JUNIOR PROJECT MANAGER - Banner Voting:
This position involves:
- Requesting new banners
- Compiling a list of current banners for voting
- Keeping tabs on votes
- Pushing the final banners chosen to myself AND Shrink for promotion into regular use/final approval
- Compiling and publishing a ruleset to be determined with me via email or PM

JUNIOR PROJECT MANAGER - Archive Update:
This position involves:
- Compiling a list of current archive database options, including all relevant technical specifications
- Remaining in steady contact with me regarding archive database options
- Compiling requirements for ongoing support of archive database options
- Being in contact with me regarding migration of current archive data to a new archive database
- This position will change during the upgrade and after the upgrade to a long term support/update role
- THIS POSITION IS EXPECTED TO REQUIRE A HIGHER TIME REQUIREMENT FOR THE NEXT MONTH WHILE THE PROJECT IS IN PROGRESS.

JUNIOR PROJECT MANAGER - Archive Compliance:
This position involves:
- Making sure all stories are licensed to be archived in a KP Slash Archive
- Contacting authors to gain permission to archive
- Maintaining a list/database of permission to archive
- Compilation of update-ready fics to be archived
- THIS POSITION IS NOT EXPECTED TO BE NEEDED IMMEDIATELY. However, given the backlog of stories to be compiled, it is probably a good idea to expect to spend some time pre-first update in figuring out what needs to be updated.
- If everyone thinks it is necessary, we can add a second temporary Archive Compliance role to help with bringing the archive up to date.

Do any of these sound like something you can do? Awesome. Volunteer in this thread(or via a method described below) with what position you want to pitch in with and your expectations of what this means. If you have relevant experience, cool. No need for prior experience, just enthusiasm. I can teach you what you need to do, provided you are good at communicating with me.

THESE POSITIONS WILL BE OPEN UNTIL OCTOBER 1ST. If you know anyone who is willing to take on any of these roles, or if you wish to try for one of these, contact me either via PM or via email at lextenou@kpslashhaven.net. I am also available to chat during 9-5 Mountain Standard Time in the KP Slash Chat (link available at the top of the page, next to the "Members" and "Logout" links). Or post your reply here in this thread. However works for you to contact me, do it. If you have questions, post them, too!

Can you tell I've been working too much? Gah.

"We all need a few drinks to catch up to you when you're sober, Lex."

Sheki Go
The Submissive Chocoholic
Beta?: Willing: Grammer=Weak

Re: Project Leads Needed: Banners and Archive

Unread postby Sheki Go » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:00 am

O.o I can do the banners I believe. I have enough free time now.
Image ImageImage

Trahern
Pillar of the Haven
Beta?: NOOOooo...

Unread postby Trahern » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:59 am

Can't help. Slaughtering orcs. Expecting traitor legions soon.

FOR THE EMPEROR!

SvenEndori
Beta?: Very willing to help.

Unread postby SvenEndori » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:46 pm

I can work on the archive update. I found out that I'm not going to be able to start school until Jan 8 (argh.), so I've got plenty of free time on my hands. I've been wanting to work on this sort of project for myself, as well (for posting my stories and those of a few people who don't like FFN in a decent format on my website; I'm tired of FFN screwing with my formatting and removing my section dividers), so it'd be a two birds sort of thing. Besides, I could use the experience working on these sorts of projects.

SirSebastian wrote:One should never try to apply laws of nature to mad science.

Return to “Announcements”