Eviction?!

Announcements from the Admins/Mods go here :)
Shrink908
Site Admin
Email Address: shrink908@ndos.net

Eviction?!

Unread postby Shrink908 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:28 pm

Well, California doesn't seem to like our pets.. So we're looking at being evicted in the next 30-45 days.. So if anyone knows anyplace with a rent-to-own situation or doesn't care that we have 6 cats, please let me know.. I'd hate to have to get rid of the last of my kids just to satisfy the damned government. *sigh* :cry:
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Eoraptor
Pillar of the Haven
Beta?: Maybe, but I go for the throat
Email Address: you can have my email address when you pry it from my cold, lifeless fingers!!!

Re: Eviction?!

Unread postby Eoraptor » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:40 pm

good grod Shrink, at this point, I am wondering if your life might not just hate you worse than mine does me :( *bro hugs*
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor
Howard Tayler wrote:Never forget... when a social media site is free (Facebook), you're not the customer, you're the product

SickandWrong wrote:...like High Definition for fanfics.

Sheki Go
The Submissive Chocoholic
Beta?: Willing: Grammer=Weak

Unread postby Sheki Go » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:17 am

*Hugs* Praying.
Image ImageImage

Shrink908
Site Admin

Unread postby Shrink908 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:45 am

And now it's down to just us and our 3 cats.. Our roommate is able to stay with her 2 cats.. :/
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Shrink908
Site Admin

Unread postby Shrink908 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:06 pm

(sarcasm)Here's a fun kick in the pants... (/sarcasm) On my way to dialysis today ended up with a flat.. tire destroyed due to something cutting the sidewall. *smh*
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

juche
Commissar of Recaps
Email Address: millimi@xtra.co.nz

Unread postby juche » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:05 am

I was able to find a website where they list pet friendly apartments and houses for rent in California. I'm sure there must be something here:

https://www.zillow.com/ca/pet-friendly/

Shrink908
Site Admin

Unread postby Shrink908 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:12 am

Something to remember.. I only have about $300/mo to put towards rent.. I'm on disability and my wife spends most of her time taking care of me at this point as I'm not able to walk very far and it's not really safe to leave me alone for long periods.
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Love Robin
13th Muse
Beta?: Sure thang!!
Email Address: loverobin@aol.com

Unread postby Love Robin » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:34 pm

Disabled. Should be able to get your pets classified as Support Animals. Might have to involve a psychiatrist and spin them tales of how the only things which get you through life are hugging your pets daily.

Once they are Support Animals, then you can no more be evicted for having them than if they were Seeing Eye dogs.
Love Robin, 13th Muse: "It's a Gift…and a Curse"
AOL, DA, FF.N, & Everywhere
--
Love Robin @ fanfiction.net
Now serving: Gypsies, Vamps & Thieves: 2
Recently:
  • Every Kim Possible
  • Norway, Norhow
  • Bonnie the Vampire Slayer
  • Sisters of the Slayer: Horse of War
--
DON'T START HAVING YOUR SIBLING SEX IN FRONT OF PEOPLE!! It's contagious, you know!! (link NSFW)
-Comment: Shit's contagious, yo…

Eoraptor
Pillar of the Haven
Email Address: you can have my email address when you pry it from my cold, lifeless fingers!!!

Unread postby Eoraptor » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:37 pm

even federal regs will only allow you to have one, maybe 2 service animals, not a half dozen. :(

if there's anything you think I can doShrink, let me know
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor
Howard Tayler wrote:Never forget... when a social media site is free (Facebook), you're not the customer, you're the product

Shrink908
Site Admin

Unread postby Shrink908 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:33 pm

Adopt some of my cats?
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Eoraptor
Pillar of the Haven

Unread postby Eoraptor » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:42 pm

Sorry... I'm too far away to some get them :( else I would.
-Lex Luthor

juche
Commissar of Recaps
Email Address: millimi@xtra.co.nz

Unread postby juche » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:56 am

Shrink908 wrote:Something to remember.. I only have about $300/mo to put towards rent.. I'm on disability and my wife spends most of her time taking care of me at this point as I'm not able to walk very far and it's not really safe to leave me alone for long periods.

I did some checking and found there is no set rate for disability payments in California, which makes things difficult to calculate. The average rate paid out is $1171 a month but it can range from $700 to $1700 a month (based on information re: Supplemental Security Income). You said you can spend up to $300 a month on rent. In Los Angeles that would get you a room in a sleazy student flat.

I did find a link that lists thousands of places for rent but I don't know what area you live in or where you are looking for accommodation so I can't really provide more information.

http://www.rentals.com/California/

Love Robin is correct when she states you can apply for assistance to have your cats included as emotional support animals but this is determined on a case by case basis in California. I've provided a link that will provide the details and the links that will enable you to test your eligibility.

https://www.animallaw.info/article/faqs ... rt-animals

Shrink908
Site Admin

Unread postby Shrink908 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:21 am

Love Robin wrote:Disabled. Should be able to get your pets classified as Support Animals. Might have to involve a psychiatrist and spin them tales of how the only things which get you through life are hugging your pets daily.

Once they are Support Animals, then you can no more be evicted for having them than if they were Seeing Eye dogs.

the problem here is that they are cats so can't be true "service" animals, only dogs qualify for that.. They can be considered therapy animals, but we don't have time to get all that.. They have to be out "immediately" or we have to be out by end of August.. It's a timing issue, we thought of this road ourselves. We have, unfortunately, resigned ourselves at this point to having to give up all but 2 of the cats and which ones. Fortunately the local shelter is no kill... But I'm very bitter about it all.
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Shrink908
Site Admin

Unread postby Shrink908 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:23 am

juche wrote:
Shrink908 wrote:Something to remember.. I only have about $300/mo to put towards rent.. I'm on disability and my wife spends most of her time taking care of me at this point as I'm not able to walk very far and it's not really safe to leave me alone for long periods.

I did some checking and found there is no set rate for disability payments in California, which makes things difficult to calculate. The average rate paid out is $1171 a month but it can range from $700 to $1700 a month (based on information re: Supplemental Security Income). You said you can spend up to $300 a month on rent. In Los Angeles that would get you a room in a sleazy student flat.

I did find a link that lists thousands of places for rent but I don't know what area you live in or where you are looking for accommodation so I can't really provide more information.

http://www.rentals.com/California/

Love Robin is correct when she states you can apply for assistance to have your cats included as emotional support animals but this is determined on a case by case basis in California. I've provided a link that will provide the details and the links that will enable you to test your eligibility.

https://www.animallaw.info/article/faqs ... rt-animals

My income is currently $770... The $300 estimate is allowing for other needs (utilities, food, fuel for vehicle to get to dialysis, etc)... Also, we're in Merced, CA at this time. I'm going to check the link above out...
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Shrink908
Site Admin

Unread postby Shrink908 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:24 am

Eoraptor wrote:Sorry... I'm too far away to some get them :( else I would.

Is a shame.. You I'd trust with me children...
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Return to “Announcements”