Make the Haven your own!

Announcements from the Admins/Mods go here :)
The Supreme One
Beta?: grammer bester I has.
Email Address: You figure it out

Re: Make the Haven your own!

Unread postby The Supreme One » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:22 am

Sheki Go wrote:Double Post:

Ok, I'm having trouble being able to change the text colors and stuff. Will I have to go in and do this manually after I download the theme? :blink:

it's actually quite the pain in the ass, but you have the two you start with and they do... something. Then you have "add another color" and when you click that, you get a duplicate of your swatch and you have to click on the region in this duplicate that you want to alter.
twin-3 wrote:In Weissest day, in Blakest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, Beware my power (it is also a gun), Beacon's light!!!

Sheki Go
The Submissive Chocoholic
Beta?: Willing: Grammer=Weak

Unread postby Sheki Go » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:24 pm

I have tried that and it says the colors are changed but the preview doesn't reflect the "changes."
Image ImageImage

Shrink908
Site Admin
Email Address: shrink908@ndos.net

Unread postby Shrink908 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:29 pm

Sheki Go wrote:Double Post:

Ok, I'm having trouble being able to change the text colors and stuff. Will I have to go in and do this manually after I download the theme? :blink:

What trouble is it giving you?
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Sheki Go
The Submissive Chocoholic
Beta?: Willing: Grammer=Weak

Unread postby Sheki Go » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:17 pm

Well, it's kinda hard to explain but the other colors I try and add in aren't showing up on the preview. The little boxes change color but when I preview it, they revert back to default.
Image ImageImage

Alexlayer
"I am an Eternal Flame, baby!"
Email Address: DarkRunAway@aol.com

Unread postby Alexlayer » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:56 pm

Ok, Shrink? I've got you a new one! And yes, I've applied all the changes to the code like you asked.

Sunlight

This one is based on one of my favorite MLP ships, Sunset/Twilight, and contrasting the Dark KiGo color scheme I already sent, this one is actually far more customized. I used vectors from MLP to customize most of the icons, and I'd really like to ask you all to try it out for a bit, so you guys can give me some feedback and tell me what you think. If you think it's a good job, I could proceed to make more customized themes for the forum. Kinda inclined to make them ship-based, but I could definitely work a better version of the Dark KiGo one too. Just please, lemme know what you think.

Wish I could find a template that allows for the icons to be bigger than 72x72, though...
ImageImageImage
“Part of the appeal of the fantastic is taking ridiculous ideas very seriously and pretending they’re not absurd.” — China Miéville

bluetigress
Beta?: Can do, pm if ya need one
Email Address: alyssau@hotmail.com

Unread postby bluetigress » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:18 pm

Sunlight theme? I so want this XD
Rampant wrote:Oh I'm sure that was the intent, but we're a bunch of deeply twisted people hell bent on nitpicking cartoons.

Boomski wrote:You spend too much time in the light side of the internet. Come to the dark side. We have torrents.

"Dating a girl is just like dating a guy... except it vastly enlarges your wardrobe, and if you're lucky you'll have the same shoe size."

Ashley Davies, South of Nowhere

Shrink908
Site Admin
Email Address: shrink908@ndos.net

Unread postby Shrink908 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:01 pm

Alexlayer wrote:Ok, Shrink? I've got you a new one! And yes, I've applied all the changes to the code like you asked.

Sunlight

This one is based on one of my favorite MLP ships, Sunset/Twilight, and contrasting the Dark KiGo color scheme I already sent, this one is actually far more customized. I used vectors from MLP to customize most of the icons, and I'd really like to ask you all to try it out for a bit, so you guys can give me some feedback and tell me what you think. If you think it's a good job, I could proceed to make more customized themes for the forum. Kinda inclined to make them ship-based, but I could definitely work a better version of the Dark KiGo one too. Just please, lemme know what you think.

Wish I could find a template that allows for the icons to be bigger than 72x72, though...

This is installed but the colors kinda clash with the banners...
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

bluetigress
Beta?: Can do, pm if ya need one
Email Address: alyssau@hotmail.com

Unread postby bluetigress » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:15 pm

I really really really like the icons for read/unread on the subforums and topics. Like, it just works so well. But, I dunno if it's just because I came from the dark green, or if it's the actual style, but the main background post color (not the brighter border color) comes across as a green/grey every other post. (edit: and because I'm blind, also the background for the subforums on the main page) The alternate purple/grey looks a lot better; dunno if you can fix/change that. Also, this is just my personal opinion, obvs.
Last edited by bluetigress on Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rampant wrote:Oh I'm sure that was the intent, but we're a bunch of deeply twisted people hell bent on nitpicking cartoons.

Boomski wrote:You spend too much time in the light side of the internet. Come to the dark side. We have torrents.

"Dating a girl is just like dating a guy... except it vastly enlarges your wardrobe, and if you're lucky you'll have the same shoe size."

Ashley Davies, South of Nowhere

The Supreme One
Beta?: grammer bester I has.
Email Address: You figure it out

Unread postby The Supreme One » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:16 pm

*tries sunlight*

oh god! *vomits*

alex, why!
twin-3 wrote:In Weissest day, in Blakest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, Beware my power (it is also a gun), Beacon's light!!!

Return to “Announcements”