phpBB Update

Announcements from the Admins/Mods go here :)
Alexlayer
"I am an Eternal Flame, baby!"
Email Address: DarkRunAway@aol.com

Re: phpBB Update

Unread postby Alexlayer » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:32 pm

Ok, I'm gonna be working on a colorization to at least make somethign resembling the previous forum's "Dark" theme. Not sure how to get it INTO this forum, though...
ImageImageImage
“Part of the appeal of the fantastic is taking ridiculous ideas very seriously and pretending they’re not absurd.” — China Miéville

Alexlayer

Unread postby Alexlayer » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:42 pm

Shrink908 wrote:Ok.. Anyone who wants to help with style colors for the 3.1 upgrade go to Colorize a phpBB 3.1 theme and work on a style.. I'll look at the ideas and see if they function.. If they do I'll make them available for people to use.. In the "rename phpBB style" field I'd put something in there to identify who designed it.. Like "KP Green - Shrink908" or something.. That way we can keep track of who did what.

Ok, so I've got a pretty basic, simple, cooked-in-less-than-five-minutes colorization ready to... well, at least try it out, see if it works and what more I can add to it later on, if anything. I'm still grasping at how this works. Point it, how do I get it into the forum? Do I have to send you, Shrink, the .zip file I downloaded or what exactly?
ImageImageImage
“Part of the appeal of the fantastic is taking ridiculous ideas very seriously and pretending they’re not absurd.” — China Miéville

Ffordesoon
Pillar of the Haven
Beta?: Hands full at the moment.
Email Address: ffordesoon@gmail.com

Unread postby Ffordesoon » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:41 pm

MOMMY I'M SCARED WHY IS EVERYTHING DIFFERENT

lol jk
I live in the weeds.

Lord Kellendros
Dark Lord of the Forums
Email Address: cox911@yahoo.com

Unread postby Lord Kellendros » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:45 pm

As far as I can tell, the old custom forum used one of these as the underlying style it was built off of:

http://www.colorizeit.com/styles/phpbb- ... ilver.html
http://www.colorizeit.com/styles/phpbb- ... lver2.html

And the only real option out of all the customized styles they had might be this one:

http://www.colorizeit.com/styles/phpbb- ... dtech.html
"9999 Gil flies through the air!"
[Endboss takes 9999 damage; dies]
Thus proving that even in FFXII, there is no problem that cannot be solved
by throwing massive amounts of money at it.

Alexlayer

Unread postby Alexlayer » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:41 am

Alexlayer wrote:
Shrink908 wrote:Ok.. Anyone who wants to help with style colors for the 3.1 upgrade go to Colorize a phpBB 3.1 theme and work on a style.. I'll look at the ideas and see if they function.. If they do I'll make them available for people to use.. In the "rename phpBB style" field I'd put something in there to identify who designed it.. Like "KP Green - Shrink908" or something.. That way we can keep track of who did what.

Ok, so I've got a pretty basic, simple, cooked-in-less-than-five-minutes colorization ready to... well, at least try it out, see if it works and what more I can add to it later on, if anything. I'm still grasping at how this works. Point it, how do I get it into the forum? Do I have to send you, Shrink, the .zip file I downloaded or what exactly?

No word on this yet?

Also, am I the only one thinking we need to remove some of the older announcements? The list of those right above every forum has gotten a bit too long.
ImageImageImage

The Supreme One
Beta?: grammer bester I has.
Email Address: You figure it out

Unread postby The Supreme One » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:16 pm

I do have screen captures and open tabs of the old site if you want color swatches.
twin-3 wrote:In Weissest day, in Blakest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, Beware my power (it is also a gun), Beacon's light!!!

Alexlayer

Unread postby Alexlayer » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:48 pm

That might be good for reference for future color themes, but for now, I just wanna know how to implement the one I made into this forum so we can all enjoy some contrast immediately.

Seriously, am I the only one grumping about how hard to tell appart the "New posts" and "No new posts" icons for each sub-forum are?
ImageImageImage

The Supreme One

Unread postby The Supreme One » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:58 pm

I just looked up how to install the styles.

Basically, you need to email them to an admin, then they can unpack it and upload the style via ftp, and then it has to be enabled and then we can use it.

You, alex, do not have the necessary permissions to edit forum properties. email the .zip file you got to shrink

AS FOR VOLUNTEER WORK: I personally do have the free time to manage/upload styles, and I also have enough open space to hold them
twin-3 wrote:In Weissest day, in Blakest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, Beware my power (it is also a gun), Beacon's light!!!

Alexlayer

Unread postby Alexlayer » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:09 pm

I will as soon as I get back home.
ImageImageImage

The Supreme One

Unread postby The Supreme One » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:18 pm

did some quick stuff using swatches and what LK picked, got this
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B33Tb ... 0dBUjV5dDA

Shrink908
Site Admin
Email Address: shrink908@ndos.net

Unread postby Shrink908 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:43 pm

The Supreme One wrote:help!

I've gotten so used to the "view unread posts" button that I don't know to navigate the site anymore....

also, is the old theme incompatible or did I just default to some weird one when we switched phpbb versions

EDIT: nevermind, I found the button

You fund the unread posts under "Quick Links" then, yes?

Also: The old themes are incompatible.. Like I said, if you go to the site I mentioned in one of the above replies you can make a color scheme you like, send it to me, and I'll install it for you and others to use.. I'm not good at such things, the old themes were done by my ex-girlfriend whom I do not speak to anymore, so I can't ask her to re-decorate for you.
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Shrink908
Site Admin

Unread postby Shrink908 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:49 pm

The Supreme One wrote:did some quick stuff using swatches and what LK picked, got this
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B33Tb ... 0dBUjV5dDA

I downloaded this.. It won't work, it's a phpBB V3.0.x style which is incompatible. Please use the link Colorize a phpBB 3.1 theme to re-create the style so that it will work with this version.. Notice that I specifically included the entire link to get to the phpBB 3.1.x style helper...
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Shrink908
Site Admin

Unread postby Shrink908 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:53 pm

Alexlayer wrote:That might be good for reference for future color themes, but for now, I just wanna know how to implement the one I made into this forum so we can all enjoy some contrast immediately.

Seriously, am I the only one grumping about how hard to tell appart the "New posts" and "No new posts" icons for each sub-forum are?

The new graphics for this are for crap, for sure.. I do have copies of the old graphics.. I can send them to anyone who wants to try to figure out how to incorporate them into the current themes.. I'll also take a look and see if I can figure it out myself, but I'm definitely a tech guy and not an artistic sort... If you email the theme you created to me (shrink908@gmail.com) I will install it, also.. I will return access to the default theme which does have better contrast than this one.. This KPGreen is one I created (I suck at this, obviously).. So let's see what people create to make this site their own!
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Shrink908
Site Admin

Unread postby Shrink908 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:56 pm

Aulipheron wrote:Yeah, I customized a bit. Guess which color palette...

Spoiler:

Oh, will the Kigo banners be returning?

Cheers!

Yes, the banners will be returning.. The problem is this: I have to make a change to EVERY theme separately to install the banners back... So each time someone decides on a new theme idea I have to manually find WHERE in the header to put the code for the banners and then copy it from the old header code, insert it into the new header code, and then clear the cache so it will show up.. Bit of a nuisance, sadly.. I've looked to see if there's an "extension" as they now call them that would insert it into the header (like the donation thing does) for every theme, but have not found one so far.
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Shrink908
Site Admin

Unread postby Shrink908 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:18 pm

Alexlayer wrote:Also, am I the only one thinking we need to remove some of the older announcements? The list of those right above every forum has gotten a bit too long.

I turned them into standard topics so they still exist in the announcements board, but are not global announcements anymore.
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Return to “Announcements”