Page 1 of 4

Discussion of the Failed Move..

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:35 am
by Shrink908
Our server is moving from my home to a secure data center.. The internet here has been sporadic and I'm wanting to ensure better function. So we'll be down for a day or 2 next week while the machine ships to its new home..

Re: Downtime for move!

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:05 am
by The Supreme One
2 days?

Re: Downtime for move!

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:37 am
by Alex.the.Pretty.Good
Any confirmation yet which days?

Re: Downtime for move!

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:29 am
by Shrink908
I need sleep so I'm going to try to get some.

Re: Downtime for move!

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:00 am
by Shrink908
Well, that was a spectacular fail in a LOT of ways.. This site, and several others, are now located back on my server since my asshat boss/whatever you want to call him fucked me over.. I'll explain more after I stabilize this server some more.

Re: Downtime for move!

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:16 am
by Aulipheron
Thanks for all of the effort, Shrink! I especially enjoyed reading the pop-up adds for microsoft serves, in place of the site... a colorful
journey into the Outer Limits, to say the least!

At any rate, and in any form, so glad to see you, and the haven back.

Cheers!

Re: Downtime for move!

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:22 am
by Shrink908
Aulipheron wrote:Thanks for all of the effort, Shrink! I especially enjoyed reading the pop-up adds for microsoft serves, in place of the site... a colorful
journey into the Outer Limits, to say the least!

At any rate, and in any form, so glad to see you, and the haven back.

Cheers!


We may only be back till the end of September. I don't know for sure what is happening with my job. He seems to be on the brink of firing me and has essentially done so but wants me to write software for him as an "independent contractor" and if he does fire me entirely I'm not even sure where I'll live after that. You're quite welcome though...

Re: Downtime for move!

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:23 am
by Aulipheron
Odd notice... some of the threads are missing posts made after the 26th. Any reason for this?

(cue the creepy theremin music)

:D

Re: Downtime for move!

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:25 am
by Shrink908
Aulipheron wrote:Odd notice... some of the threads are missing posts made after the 26th. Any reason for this?

(cue the creepy theremin music)

:D


8/26 is when I have the last backup for the database.. That's why, sorry.. nothing I could really do about it... I had to rebuild the entire site from backups.

Re: Downtime for move!

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:06 am
by Alexlayer
Yay! The Haven is back! :D

Re: Downtime for move!

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:10 pm
by Benzie
Sorry to hear about the job troubles, Shrink! Hope everything works out for you.

Re: Downtime for move!

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:00 pm
by SapphicVixen
Reading between the lines, I presume said asshat boss still has your hardware? :\

Glad to see the Haven is back, though. I missed it so. <3

Re: Downtime for move!

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:25 pm
by Shrink908
SapphicVixen wrote:Reading between the lines, I presume said asshat boss still has your hardware? :\

Glad to see the Haven is back, though. I missed it so. <3


Yes.. But it's his hardware.. he bought it and we >were< sharing space on it as long as my sites did not interfere with his. However, one of my paying customers had an erotica site on it and they noticed.. So he had a shit fit that he didn't want his business associated with porn, etc etc... So I'm having to repurpose the old server that we'd been using for years to be a server again to handle all my sites. He's also semi-fired me and threatened me with all sorts of shit I won't go into.. It's really ridiculous.

Re: Downtime for move!

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:26 pm
by Shrink908
Benzie wrote:Sorry to hear about the job troubles, Shrink! Hope everything works out for you.


Thanks.. appreciate it.. :?

Re: Downtime for move!

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:55 pm
by Manofevil
Hang in there pal.