Board Update

Announcements from the Admins/Mods go here :)
Shrink908
Site Admin
Email Address: shrink908@ndos.net

Board Update

Unread postby Shrink908 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:23 pm

I have just updated the phpBB software to 3.0.14.. Their current version is 3.1.x and not sure there's an upgrade path to it, but at least we're on the current version of the 3.0.x series.. Let me know if you run into any snags.

I just checked.. There is no upgrade path to 3.1.x that wouldn't require practically rebuilding the board. And with Rei out of my life I simply don't have the skills to re-create the styles and such. So I believe we're stuck at 3.0.14 indefinitely, unless someone wants to step up and work with me to create similar styles on a 3.1.x system. If anyone wants to help with this, let me know.
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Sheki Go
The Submissive Chocoholic
Beta?: Willing: Grammer=Weak

Re: Board Update

Unread postby Sheki Go » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:24 pm

I could possibly help with the styles and such. Send me a pm on what you need.
Image ImageImage

Alexlayer
"I am an Eternal Flame, baby!"
Email Address: DarkRunAway@aol.com

Unread postby Alexlayer » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:36 am

So dunno if it's related to the new update or what, but reapergrimm seems to be having troubles logging in as of lately. Any clues as to why?
ImageImageImage
“Part of the appeal of the fantastic is taking ridiculous ideas very seriously and pretending they’re not absurd.” — China Miéville

Love Robin
13th Muse
Beta?: Sure thang!!
Email Address: loverobin@aol.com

Unread postby Love Robin » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:24 am

Alexlayer wrote:So dunno if it's related to the new update or what, but reapergrimm seems to be having troubles logging in as of lately. Any clues as to why?
As I've asked of Reaper, I need a copy of the exact error message so I can pass it along to Shrink.

I've already done a forced reactivation and he said it did the trick, but it's returned so I need that error message so come daylight I can contact Shrink.
Love Robin, 13th Muse: "It's a Gift…and a Curse"
AOL, DA, FF.N, & Everywhere
--
Love Robin @ fanfiction.net
Now serving: Gypsies, Vamps & Thieves: 2
Recently:
  • Every Kim Possible
  • Norway, Norhow
  • Bonnie the Vampire Slayer
  • Sisters of the Slayer: Horse of War
--
DON'T START HAVING YOUR SIBLING SEX IN FRONT OF PEOPLE!! It's contagious, you know!! (link NSFW)
-Comment: Shit's contagious, yo…

SapphicVixen
Beta?: Critical, but sure!

Unread postby SapphicVixen » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:42 am

Hey, if y'all still need help with this, I can totes help out, depending on whatcha need. I have le skills. Or some such.
Limited Palette - Shego with more Kigo.
Sparkling Fire and Smokey Sighs - ♫~Kimmie and Shegie, sittin' in a tree, %-@-#-$-I-N-G~♫

Sheki Go

Unread postby Sheki Go » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:51 am

Hm. Any news Shrink?
Image ImageImage

Shrink908
Site Admin

Unread postby Shrink908 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:24 am

The news is I'm ill, so I haven't been around much lately..

For those who are not aware, over the past year I've been diagnosed with kidney failure and am on dialysis because of that. This ties up a lot of my time (4 hours by 3 days a week) >and< I'm still working full time just to pay the bills.. If you guys are really interested in updating to phpBB 3.1 then I can set up a secondary site using the current data but without the themes and then those interested can work on getting it to look the way we want before it goes "live"... I'll try to monitor this better so if there's interest we can get that going..

I am sorry I've been absent, but I'm actually surprised I'm doing as well as I am.
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Alexlayer

Unread postby Alexlayer » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:18 pm

Where can one go (on the internet, and free) to learn about customizing forums and whatever is needed to contribute to this?
ImageImageImage
“Part of the appeal of the fantastic is taking ridiculous ideas very seriously and pretending they’re not absurd.” — China Miéville

Eoraptor
Pillar of the Haven
Beta?: Maybe, but I go for the throat
Email Address: you can have my email address when you pry it from my cold, lifeless fingers!!!

Unread postby Eoraptor » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:30 pm

the PHP-BB website is a good place to start. http://www.phpbb.com/ you'll find its link at the bottomof every page on this and other PHPBBsites.

and no shrink,I had no idea you were so sick. if I'd known that I would have sen you my last five bucks instead of spending it on a hand-me-down raspberry pi. remember, as good as I am, I am not a mind reader, so you need to tell me and the rest of us havenites, when you need help.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor
Howard Tayler wrote:Never forget... when a social media site is free (Facebook), you're not the customer, you're the product

SickandWrong wrote:...like High Definition for fanfics.

Shrink908
Site Admin

Unread postby Shrink908 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:55 am

If you guys knew what I've been through in the past year.. But I've mostly kept it to myself. Let's see.. a brief timeline of all the messes in the past year-ish...

Sep 2014 - Landed in hospital due to not knowing I had kidney problems, almost died (literally, they say was within a week of dying) due to becoming septic. Started on dialysis but spent 10 days in the hospital.

Jan 2015 - Kakani (my now ex-g/f) started having a mental "break".. Started bringing home random strangers from the bus stop and having sex with them.

Mar 2015 - I got fed up with Kakani's BS and not wanting to listen to me and threw her out.. She then spent the next several months homeless in Arkansas, sometimes appearing at my front door asking for food/etc till she finally left and head back home to her mother in Washington State in about September.

Oct 2015 - IRS started pestering me about unpaid income tax that I wasn't even previously aware I owed.

Dec 2015 - IRS put a block on my wages so I had to hire a CPA place to deal with the back taxes and stuff.. Now paying $320/month for that till October. On top of being barely able to survive money wise as it was.

and there's a brief run down of why I've been absent.. My life is a disaster.. Oh, and throw in that a friend of mine and her husband have been having medical issues where they are physically unable to take care of some things, so once a week I run down to their house, do their grocery shopping and put out their trash, etc..
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Ffordesoon
Pillar of the Haven
Beta?: Hands full at the moment.
Email Address: ffordesoon@gmail.com

Unread postby Ffordesoon » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:01 pm

Jesus, man. I'm sorry. :(

*hugs*
I live in the weeds.

crow76308
Email Address: jesse74henson@gmail.com

Unread postby crow76308 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:24 am

Wow, I'm sorry. I hope things get better, man.
Robert A. Henlein wrote:A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

Shrink908
Site Admin

Unread postby Shrink908 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:42 pm

In happier news from some of the same time frame.. March 2015 one of my housemates heard a scratching at the front door and opened it to see which cat wanted back in.. Right before that nasty snow storm we had.. Was a new cat we'd never seen before.. bedraggled, could see every vertebrae and rib, coat dull, eyes dull.. barely alive.. Over the past year I've nursed him back to health and now he's a happy glossy kitty who practically won't leave my side. Sleeps by me almost every night... So I'm still useful for something.
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Alexlayer

Unread postby Alexlayer » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:53 am

Shrink908 wrote:In happier news from some of the same time frame.. March 2015 one of my housemates heard a scratching at the front door and opened it to see which cat wanted back in.. Right before that nasty snow storm we had.. Was a new cat we'd never seen before.. bedraggled, could see every vertebrae and rib, coat dull, eyes dull.. barely alive.. Over the past year I've nursed him back to health and now he's a happy glossy kitty who practically won't leave my side. Sleeps by me almost every night... So I'm still useful for something.

That's so adorable!!! X3
ImageImageImage

Sheki Go

Unread postby Sheki Go » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:57 pm

Alexlayer wrote:
Shrink908 wrote:In happier news from some of the same time frame.. March 2015 one of my housemates heard a scratching at the front door and opened it to see which cat wanted back in.. Right before that nasty snow storm we had.. Was a new cat we'd never seen before.. bedraggled, could see every vertebrae and rib, coat dull, eyes dull.. barely alive.. Over the past year I've nursed him back to health and now he's a happy glossy kitty who practically won't leave my side. Sleeps by me almost every night... So I'm still useful for something.

That's so adorable!!! X3

^ This. : D : 3
Image ImageImage

Return to “Announcements”