KPFanWorld Update

Announcements from the Admins/Mods go here :)
Shrink908
Site Admin
Email Address: shrink908@ndos.net

KPFanWorld Update

Unread postby Shrink908 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:36 am

I have noticed that the KPFanWorld site is having some "issues" where the old software is spazzing about some things.. As such I'm working on a fix for it that turns it basically into just a photo gallery site for the screen caps since that's all that's been working over the past year anyway. There may be some brief outages during which the captures won't be available as I work toward the fix. In the end you'll have better access to the images than you did over the past year, including an ability to browse through them, and eventually even upload new images if you become a member of the site. This would allow expanding the captures to other shows/etc that have space on the KP/ instead of only having them for the KP. Gives you guys some more flexibility in what you can do.

So I'm sorry in advance for any slow operation or inoperable periods of time over the next few days. Please be patient as I try to improve things for everyone.
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Love Robin
13th Muse
Beta?: Sure thang!!
Email Address: loverobin@aol.com

Re: KPFanWorld Update

Unread postby Love Robin » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:59 am

Under the "Why didn't you suggest it sooner?" classification, I'll say this: if there is to be a way for people to add caps, then there should be a way to add/insert appropriate caps *between* what we have now (there should be a quality requirement). And of course, an approval/moderating process.

Lesser quality caps should have their own section. Also, a Rule to NOT upload any caps with a Global Justice Alliance watermark. 'fraid owner Jerridian doesn't care for the Haven in general and me in specific
Love Robin, 13th Muse: "It's a Gift…and a Curse"
AOL, DA, FF.N, & Everywhere
--
Love Robin @ fanfiction.net
Now serving: Gypsies, Vamps & Thieves: 2
Recently:
  • Every Kim Possible
  • Norway, Norhow
  • Bonnie the Vampire Slayer
  • Sisters of the Slayer: Horse of War
--
DON'T START HAVING YOUR SIBLING SEX IN FRONT OF PEOPLE!! It's contagious, you know!! (link NSFW)
-Comment: Shit's contagious, yo…

Shrink908
Site Admin

Unread postby Shrink908 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:40 pm

Love Robin wrote:Under the "Why didn't you suggest it sooner?" classification, I'll say this: if there is to be a way for people to add caps, then there should be a way to add/insert appropriate caps *between* what we have now (there should be a quality requirement). And of course, an approval/moderating process.

Lesser quality caps should have their own section. Also, a Rule to NOT upload any caps with a Global Justice Alliance watermark. 'fraid owner Jerridian doesn't care for the Haven in general and me in specific

Well, then let me say "fuck him" and I hope he catches wind of me saying so. And right now nobody is able to upload anything.. We can work out the details on that all later. Meantime, you can now >start< to browse the caps site at http://www.kpfanworld.com.. It's still indexing the over 140,000 images and may take quite a while to do so.. Not everyone will be able to see the new site until the DNS has propagated properly throughout the internet.

Note: The indexing is also why the haven (and my whole server) is slow right now.. It's a lot of work for the system.
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

JEGO
Pillar of the Haven
Beta?: YOU CRAZY
Email Address: josephEgould@hotmail.com

Unread postby JEGO » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:14 am

nice work
Sometimes, you just have to smile, shrug, and say 'What the hell'
TSO wrote:Ya know, I could take a stab at them without making you guys looks bad, it'll prove their humanity in seconds

RedBlueGreen wrote:There are gems in these hills, and the locals are friendly. Well, they're terrible deviants perverting a kids' show, but beside that they're fine.

Shrink908
Site Admin

Unread postby Shrink908 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:56 am

JEGO wrote:nice work

I just fixed the stuff your signature uses.. I wasn't aware the "userbars" folder was actually used for anything so I hadn't made it available.. But it is now.
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Love Robin
13th Muse

Unread postby Love Robin » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:22 am

Hmm. The new setup is *moving* the pics, and not copying them? That is going to cripple not only images on the Haven, but across the internet. What would it take to have space for duplication?
--
Recently:
  • Every Kim Possible
  • Norway, Norhow
--
DON'T START HAVING YOUR SIBLING SEX IN FRONT OF PEOPLE!! It's contagious, you know!! (link NSFW)

Shrink908
Site Admin

Unread postby Shrink908 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:16 pm

Love Robin wrote:Hmm. The new setup is *moving* the pics, and not copying them? That is going to cripple not only images on the Haven, but across the internet. What would it take to have space for duplication?

It's not moving them.. It's indexing. I created the folder structure so that it looks the same as the old KPFW site. It will respond to the same URL's as well as the new ones.. I just am only including folders I know for sure are necessary since there was a LOT of duplication on the old site.. Each image appears 3 or 4 times in the folders of the old site and I'm trying to cut back on that.. If something is not showing up properly point me to the post that's having the problem so that I can see what it's looking for and provide the appropriate folders to the system to resolve it.
Last edited by Shrink908 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To fix a typo
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Love Robin
13th Muse

Unread postby Love Robin » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:31 pm

An example thread viewtopic.php?p=178360#p178360

Direct Raw Index folder http://caps.kpfanworld.com/photogallery ... es%20Pics/ …in case you don't see it, for me it comes up as "403 forbidden access with your credentials", where before it was a list of links to the image files.

I've been holding off on reviewing all the galleries, but at least one of them (can't find it now) were thumbnails.

Amd that's part of the duplication of folders and files. Each full size image has a thumbnail, and season (3? and) 4 *also* has folders of HD images.
--
Recently:
  • Every Kim Possible
  • Norway, Norhow
--

Shrink908
Site Admin

Unread postby Shrink908 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:58 pm

I'll make the folder's listable via IIS.. I hadn't realized anyone used it that way..

You can now list the folders' contents.. Not 100% sure that's what you meant, but you guys may have to learn a new way to use the data.. It's all there, in the same folders, but if it was dependent on the old software's PHP for anything it will >not< work the way you're used to.. The solution to this would be to use the gallery software to find the image you want, and use the link that it provides to get to the image.
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Shrink908
Site Admin

Unread postby Shrink908 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:31 pm

Love Robin wrote:I've been holding off on reviewing all the galleries, but at least one of them (can't find it now) were thumbnails.

Amd that's part of the duplication of folders and files. Each full size image has a thumbnail, and season (3? and) 4 *also* has folders of HD images.

Yeah.. I've noticed.. the thumbnail issue I think I killed off.. the normal vs HD I've left alone so far..
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Love Robin
13th Muse

Unread postby Love Robin » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:51 pm

Thanks for the fixes!
--
Recently:
  • Every Kim Possible
  • Norway, Norhow
--

Shrink908
Site Admin

Unread postby Shrink908 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:51 am

Is there anything else that's currently squirrely?
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Love Robin
13th Muse

Unread postby Love Robin » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:20 am

Well, it seems to be paused at half the eps. Looks like its done all the folders which begin with a number, but not the ones which are titles only.

I'm waiting on my registration validation so I can get in there and root around. I want to see if there is a way to reselect default sortings, would like to determine why some images insist on refusing to reorder numerically, etc. Also, I believe we need to establish Gallery Page folders to segregate them by Season plus specials.

Finally, what would it take to dismiss that product label?

BTW folks, if anyone has caps of the Phineas and Ferb special episode with Kim in it, would love a good size & resolution cap of that scene.
--
Recently:
  • Every Kim Possible
  • Norway, Norhow
--

Luke Danger

Unread postby Luke Danger » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:53 am

The screencaps for "Number One" are only a couple from the beginning, middle, and end. Most of them are missing.

Love Robin
13th Muse

Unread postby Love Robin » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:21 am

Luke Danger wrote:The screencaps for "Number One" are only a couple from the beginning, middle, and end. Most of them are missing.
Yes. The raw directory is seriously fudged, having a few of the xxxx.jpg format mixed with Power_dvd_xx_xx_xx format. most of which are also thumbs.

Crush has issues too. Raw directory shows a mix of file tyeps. Try opening through the gallery 056.jpg

I hope the original file resources as transfered to us are still there somewhere.
EDIT: The original files *are* on the system somewhere; a review of the Abridged caption series shows they are.
--
Recently:
  • Every Kim Possible
  • Norway, Norhow
--

Return to “Announcements”