KPFanWorld Update

Announcements from the Admins/Mods go here :)
Shrink908
Site Admin
Email Address: shrink908@ndos.net

Re: KPFanWorld Update

Unread postby Shrink908 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:10 am

Luke Danger wrote:The screencaps for "Number One" are only a couple from the beginning, middle, and end. Most of them are missing.

That's all that was there when I copied them from the master file... I found copies in another folder the "old" photogallery folder.. But they're organized weird and I haven't had the patience to fix them.. I've spent the past 4 days with diarrhea and other issues..
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Shrink908
Site Admin

Unread postby Shrink908 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:12 am

Love Robin wrote:Well, it seems to be paused at half the eps. Looks like its done all the folders which begin with a number, but not the ones which are titles only.

I'm waiting on my registration validation so I can get in there and root around. I want to see if there is a way to reselect default sortings, would like to determine why some images insist on refusing to reorder numerically, etc. Also, I believe we need to establish Gallery Page folders to segregate them by Season plus specials.

Finally, what would it take to dismiss that product label?

BTW folks, if anyone has caps of the Phineas and Ferb special episode with Kim in it, would love a good size & resolution cap of that scene.

To get rid of the product name requires money.. I'm broke, can't even afford prescriptions I need.. Instead of taking care of my medical I paid bills since the donations were so low.. And it >says< it's done indexing.. But that it will auto-re-index once every 24 hours..
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Shrink908
Site Admin

Unread postby Shrink908 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:16 am

Love Robin wrote:Yes. The raw directory is seriously fudged, having a few of the xxxx.jpg format mixed with Power_dvd_xx_xx_xx format. most of which are also thumbs.

Crush has issues too. Raw directory shows a mix of file tyeps. Try opening through the gallery 056.jpg

I hope the original file resources as transfered to us are still there somewhere.
EDIT: The original files *are* on the system somewhere; a review of the Abridged caption series shows they are.

What you see now is everything that was in the "photogallery" folder that most people link to.. If it's not there, it wasn't there in the master.. I can try to retrieve more, but I doubt it'll find more.. I'll look into that later though. As for mixing file types, that's from the master too.. And the re-ordering issue is a factor of how computers sort..

Computers sort in odd ways.. If you want them to sort in the order you want, the files have to have an identical naming practice.. and if you have like img100.jpg, img101.jpg and img1000.jpg you'll end up getting them as:
img100.jpg
img1000.jpg
img101.jpg

The only way to fix this would be to rename them image 0100.jpg, etc.. Computers are very very finicky..

I just checked.. The master file data does not include any more in the photogallery folder for episode 1 "Crush"... To fix this, there is another folder that has more images.. I just would have to undo them.. They're in an odd folder structure... The guys who designed the original site made quite a mess with the way they organized the files, makes it harder to work with.
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Love Robin
13th Muse
Beta?: Sure thang!!
Email Address: loverobin@aol.com

Unread postby Love Robin » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:56 am

How much money?

Using for example *Number One*. The Gallery is linked to a folder with is incomplete and has a bunch of thumbnails. Yet this thread viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7516 which uses *almost every* screencap from that episode, comes from the original Photogallery Folders (trying to link directly still gives me a 403) with full sized images, and files are named to be consistently in order. We had been using that the past 2 years. More importantly it appears to still be linked to them. Whatever the Media Gallery is linked to, it isn't that.

Could it be the Gallery software is scanning too much at once? Perhaps once the proper folder directory can be located, having it index one episode at a time.

I know this is a lot on your plate, and I wish I could do more to help. at this point I'm grateful the images *are* there somewhere and didn't get fudged by being moved about and mixed.
Love Robin, 13th Muse: "It's a Gift…and a Curse"
AOL, DA, FF.N, & Everywhere
--
Love Robin @ fanfiction.net
Now serving: Gypsies, Vamps & Thieves: 2
Recently:
  • Every Kim Possible
  • Norway, Norhow
  • Bonnie the Vampire Slayer
  • Sisters of the Slayer: Horse of War
--
DON'T START HAVING YOUR SIBLING SEX IN FRONT OF PEOPLE!! It's contagious, you know!! (link NSFW)
-Comment: Shit's contagious, yo…

Shrink908
Site Admin

Unread postby Shrink908 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:41 am

Love Robin wrote:How much money?

Using for example *Number One*. The Gallery is linked to a folder with is incomplete and has a bunch of thumbnails. Yet this thread viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7516 which uses *almost every* screencap from that episode, comes from the original Photogallery Folders (trying to link directly still gives me a 403) with full sized images, and files are named to be consistently in order. We had been using that the past 2 years. More importantly it appears to still be linked to them. Whatever the Media Gallery is linked to, it isn't that.

Could it be the Gallery software is scanning too much at once? Perhaps once the proper folder directory can be located, having it index one episode at a time.

I know this is a lot on your plate, and I wish I could do more to help. at this point I'm grateful the images *are* there somewhere and didn't get fudged by being moved about and mixed.

Your example points to a different folder.. One that I moved over when I noticed that it was being referenced, but I have not added it to the gallery package yet.. I've been very very sick since about Wednesday.. There are currently 3 folders of images available on the server...

http://caps.kpfanworld.com/photogallery (this is the only one the gallery has available to it presently)
http://caps.kpfanworld.com/images (this is where the example gets it's images)
http://caps.kpfanworld.com/userbars (I noticed a signature linked to this one so made it available)

To make them visible to the gallery software requires a bit of work, right now I just tucked them in where old references will work.. I will try to get them index/etc in the near future.. Though, honestly, I'm not feeling well and am becoming frustrated with things.. I am taking time to fix things to make the site better while donations are dwindling and making my life harder. It's been 4 months since we came even close to getting the full donations needed to keep me from having to scrimp on things.. Such as not being able to get my prescriptions filled or even go to the doctor.. One month I was even having to beg the neighbor for toilet paper to get through the last week.. If that doesn't turn around I'll end up having to shut the server down entirely in the near future.

Be that as it may, I am trying to repair problems where I can.. but patience is required as there's only 1 of me.. And while I'm getting paid crap I'm the ONLY one in the IT department for the company I work for and am on call literally 24/7.. I've only had 1 week off in the past 8 years.. So I'm not doing particularly well, to be honest.
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Shrink908
Site Admin

Unread postby Shrink908 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:32 am

Love Robin wrote:How much money?

It's $50 to register it to get rid of the logo..
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Shrink908
Site Admin

Unread postby Shrink908 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:36 pm

Just a note.. The gallery is indeed screwy right now while I try to fix some things.
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Shrink908
Site Admin

Unread postby Shrink908 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:31 am

This morning Love Robin asked me about the caps.. It turns out I got derailed when doing it previously, so I'm trying to get it done this time.. There's over 25GB of files for this and over 200,000 files.. This will take me a little bit, but I am working on it.. The gallery is available (as it gets installed) at http://caps.kpslashhaven.net... You can get to some of the stuff already and the rest will appear as I get it installed to the gallery software... Sorry for the delays.. I've been sick and busy with work.. For those who don't know I've suffered kidney failure and am now on dialysis 3 days a week, so my time is very much at a premium these days..
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Love Robin
13th Muse

Unread postby Love Robin » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:22 am

Shrink908 wrote:This morning Love Robin asked me about the caps.. It turns out I got derailed when doing it previously, so I'm trying to get it done this time.. There's over 25GB of files for this and over 200,000 files.. This will take me a little bit, but I am working on it.. The gallery is available (as it gets installed) at http://caps.kpslashhaven.net... You can get to some of the stuff already and the rest will appear as I get it installed to the gallery software... Sorry for the delays.. I've been sick and busy with work.. For those who don't know I've suffered kidney failure and am now on dialysis 3 days a week, so my time is very much at a premium these days..
I'm presuming all you did was re-initialize the gallery software and it is still with the problems posted above.

My question is if perhaps we might want to simply upload the caps to the Kim Possible Wikia as Image Gallery subpages of the proper episode pages. The hosting will be done by Wikia, with scaleable images to act as clickable thuumbnails. In addition, as the caps are uploaded they can be renamed to ensure they remain in order, and losing the "power DVD xxx-xxx" cormating of some of the old Caps.
--
Recently:
  • Every Kim Possible
  • Norway, Norhow
--
DON'T START HAVING YOUR SIBLING SEX IN FRONT OF PEOPLE!! It's contagious, you know!! (link NSFW)

Shrink908
Site Admin

Unread postby Shrink908 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:19 pm

Love Robin wrote:My question is if perhaps we might want to simply upload the caps to the Kim Possible Wikia as Image Gallery subpages of the proper episode pages. The hosting will be done by Wikia, with scaleable images to act as clickable thuumbnails. In addition, as the caps are uploaded they can be renamed to ensure they remain in order, and losing the "power DVD xxx-xxx" cormating of some of the old Caps.

No.. I started over since the old software was not even trying to respond.. As for uploading elsewhere, that'd tie up my connection for >days<.. The outbound bandwidth on my connection is only 20mbit.. Nobody would be able to get to the KP/ or anything else on my server and I wouldn't be able to use the connection for my job.. So I can't dedicate the entire connection to doing that. As for the file names, damned if I know why anyone named them that way.. Some of them are XXXX others are PDVDXXXX others are power DVD xxx-xxx.. It's ridiculous..
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Shrink908
Site Admin

Unread postby Shrink908 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:38 pm

Aha.. I found a way to process it as a batch and it shouldn't take nearly as long this way..

And here's some instructions on how to use this gallery software with the IMG tag on the KP/...

Once you find the image within the gallery you want you can right click on it and then in FireFox you would select:
"Copy Image Location"
In Microsoft Edge you would select
"Copy"

You will then get a URL like this on your clipboard: http://caps.kpslashhaven.net/gs/handler ... 4&dt=2&g=2
If you embed that in IMG BBcode you get this:
And can then caption it!

This will allow you to use the screen caps as you have come to expect them previously, just with different URL's unfortunately. Thanks for being patient while I do this.. It turns out there are 284,242 files using over 25GB of data for this gallery..
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Shrink908
Site Admin

Unread postby Shrink908 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:00 pm

I know it's been a long time on this one... I think I am finally going to be able to get the captures up to where they can be used again.. The Old KPFW software is worthless, it only runs on specific setup which I don't have.. So I'm installing a new gallery package and putting the captures there.. I'll let you know when this is working...
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Eoraptor
Pillar of the Haven
Beta?: Maybe, but I go for the throat
Email Address: you can have my email address when you pry it from my cold, lifeless fingers!!!

Unread postby Eoraptor » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:09 pm

Thank you so much for the hard work Shrink!
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor
Howard Tayler wrote:Never forget... when a social media site is free (Facebook), you're not the customer, you're the product

SickandWrong wrote:...like High Definition for fanfics.

Love Robin
13th Muse

Unread postby Love Robin » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:59 pm

Would be great. GJAlliance seems to have disabled right-clicking their caps. Have to bypass that using the javaterminal to get the actual image url being called. Real hassle.
--
Recently:
  • Every Kim Possible
  • Norway, Norhow
--

Shrink908
Site Admin

Unread postby Shrink908 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:12 am

If one checks http://caps.kpslashhaven.net they will find it's >slowly< indexing all the "Large Images".. I will add the small ones when it's done indexing..
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Return to “Announcements”