User Validation

Report bugs and other issues with the forum here.
Benzie
Beta?: PM me
Email Address: abeatbehind@yahoo.com

Re: User Validation

Unread postby Benzie » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:04 am

Love Robin wrote:Even a Limited Mod requires a clean track record.

Well... fack.

FF.N, if you were curious.
BUDDY CHECK 22; Till Valhalla
Ffordesoon wrote:"Ninjas have licenses? Where do they get 'em, the ninja DMV?" -'Challange!' Round Robin

Sheki Go
The Submissive Chocoholic
Beta?: Willing: Grammer=Weak

Unread postby Sheki Go » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:14 am

A lot of emails indeed. x.x I have a folder just for kp/ emails XD

And *scratches my head* I don't remember you having any real issues here Benzie.
Image ImageImage

Alex.the.Pretty.Good
Beta?: looking for and willing to

Unread postby Alex.the.Pretty.Good » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:43 pm

Love Robin wrote:Thank you for volunteering. Even a Limited Mod requires a clean track record. Get past your current sitch, and we'll see.

Which does make me wonder ... how does the board find now mods?
Is it a matter of "don't call us, we call you", or do you also look at spontaneous applications?
Nearly everything is available on the internet.
Except common sense.

The Supreme One
Beta?: grammer bester I has.
Email Address: You figure it out

Unread postby The Supreme One » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:42 pm

Well, my understanding is that 1.) you must do something that has benefited the haven, then 2.) they call you
I'm fairly certain you don't apply for the job.
Last edited by Love Robin on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Approved
twin-3 wrote:In Weissest day, in Blakest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, Beware my power (it is also a gun), Beacon's light!!!

lextenou
Site Admin
Email Address: lextenou@gmail.com

Unread postby lextenou » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:23 pm

Alex.the.Pretty.Good wrote:
Love Robin wrote:Thank you for volunteering. Even a Limited Mod requires a clean track record. Get past your current sitch, and we'll see.

Is it a matter of "don't call us, we call you", or do you also look at spontaneous applications?

When the moon is in the seventh house, and Jupiter aligns with Mars, peace will join the planets and a new Mod is chosen.

It's dependent on a number of factors, including but not limited to activity/presence on the board and whether or not you're awesome.

Most people can qualify to be a mod - but not many actually want to do it. Discussion and engagement with others has been the usual method previously. There have been limited cases where requests were considered and approved or disapproved dependent on the user's history.

Basically? Don't be a jerk, and be an adult.

"We all need a few drinks to catch up to you when you're sober, Lex."

Harberst

Unread postby Harberst » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:00 am

Thank you Lex, now Age of Aquarius is stuck in my head.
Anyone who can worship a trinity and insist that his religion is a monotheism can believe anything... just give him time to rationalize it. [Robert A. Heinlein, JOB: A Comedy of Justice]

vampireprincess
Email Address: heavens_fallen_angel2@yahoo.com

Unread postby vampireprincess » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:09 pm

Way way way back on the original board I was made a mod it was because I'd already been breaking up arguments and helping keep the peace so when the subject of a new mod being made came up a number of members actually said they thought I'd make a good mod. *shrugs* Not saying that anyone who wants to be a mod has to become essentially a keeper of the peace, but it is one way you can sort of stick out from the crowd.
I heard this while sneaking into the Santa Monica warehouse in Vampires: The Masqurade - Bloodlines:
First Guy: I'm hungry, let's order a pizza.
Second Guy: Order a pizza, ORDER A PIZZA? Where they gonna deliver it, numbnuts? Thirteen abandoned warehouse full of kill on sight hot heads way?

TVTropes about Vampires: The Masqurade - Bloodlines: A more intellectual bit of humor is the fact that the entire game is one long Spanner in the Works joke. LaCroix sends you on a mission to die almost immediately after you're embraced. You survive because the Sabbat aren't at the warehouse at the time and then go on to pretty much survive every trap laid out for you. By the end, LaCroix's entire empire has unravelled because of your obstinate refusal to die when you're told.

Sheki Go
The Submissive Chocoholic
Beta?: Willing: Grammer=Weak

Unread postby Sheki Go » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:54 pm

lextenou wrote:
Alex.the.Pretty.Good wrote:

When the moon is in the seventh house, and Jupiter aligns with Mars, peace will join the planets and a new Mod is chosen.

It's dependent on a number of factors, including but not limited to activity/presence on the board and whether or not you're awesome.

Most people can qualify to be a mod - but not many actually want to do it. Discussion and engagement with others has been the usual method previously. There have been limited cases where requests were considered and approved or disapproved dependent on the user's history.

Basically? Don't be a jerk, and be an adult.

Win Lex. Epic win. <3

Also, I don't even remember how I became an Admin...but I do know I was made a mod cause I was inactive for a long time I think. *scratches my head* idk. I tend to be a good peacekeeper myself so *shrugs*
Image ImageImage

Return to “Administration Issues”