Slowdowns

Report bugs and other issues with the forum here.
Eoraptor
Pillar of the Haven
Beta?: Maybe, but I go for the throat
Email Address: you can have my email address when you pry it from my cold, lifeless fingers!!!

Slowdowns

Unread postby Eoraptor » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:03 pm

The last two days, (including just now) I have experienced massive slowdowns with the site.

and the IRC channel for NDOS in my trillian keeps disconnecting.

is something up?
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor
Howard Tayler wrote:Never forget... when a social media site is free (Facebook), you're not the customer, you're the product

SickandWrong wrote:...like High Definition for fanfics.

Virus

Re: Slowdowns

Unread postby Virus » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:22 pm

Yeah, it's been the same for me. Usually everything is fine, but every now and then, for about an hour or two at a time, everything just kind of grinds to a halt, sometimes taking 3-5 minutes for a single page to load.

PaganGirl86
Email Address: kittywitch@kpslashhaven.net

Unread postby PaganGirl86 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:10 pm

we know of the slowdowns, and are working on them. Our client (work, yay) has his e-mail on our server, and it is drawing far more than we had originally anticipated. The fun thing is, the next step up in our internet speed is $100 extra each month, so we're having to negotiate with him about helping to pay for it. Unfortunately, he's in France for a wedding this week, so it may take a little while. please bare with us.
Admin

Alex.the.Pretty.Good
Beta?: looking for and willing to

Unread postby Alex.the.Pretty.Good » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:56 pm

That's okay... we'll survive. Albeit barely. ;)
Nearly everything is available on the internet.
Except common sense.

Triaxx

Unread postby Triaxx » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:18 pm

Try disabling images until things are better. That should help some, if you haven't already.

Shrink908
Site Admin
Email Address: shrink908@ndos.net

Unread postby Shrink908 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:53 pm

I placed the order with Comcast to get the fastest possible internet (50mbit down, 10mbit up) today.. It's going to cost a bit more, but it'll be worth it.. So that'll help quite a bit.. As Rei said, we're now handling a massive amount of business email for a client and it's eating our bandwidth for lunch.. So the upgrade should fix things..
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Eoraptor
Pillar of the Haven
Email Address: you can have my email address when you pry it from my cold, lifeless fingers!!!

Unread postby Eoraptor » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:34 pm

what's with the random downtime recently? Inquiring minds want to know (and so do I)
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor
Howard Tayler wrote:Never forget... when a social media site is free (Facebook), you're not the customer, you're the product

PaganGirl86

Unread postby PaganGirl86 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:24 pm

we've been wondering the same thing. Apparently Comcast has been updating/changing/screwing up the internet and we're not sure why. The other day the whole BLOCK was down.
Admin

Eoraptor
Pillar of the Haven

Unread postby Eoraptor » Wed May 18, 2011 3:12 pm

*pokes at the servers with the Sharp Pointy Stick of +5 Poking TM*

Slow downs and timeouts abound today... is it just me?
-Lex Luthor

SHADO Commander

Unread postby SHADO Commander » Wed May 18, 2011 3:37 pm

Eoraptor wrote:*pokes at the servers with the Sharp Pointy Stick of +5 Poking TM*

Slow downs and timeouts abound today... is it just me?

1. It's not just you.
2. Poking servers with a pointy stick only makes them angry. (But feel free to make your own "their byte is worse than their bark" joke here.)
"No, it's called KiGo, so I get to be on top." "In yer dreams, Princess."

Trahern
Pillar of the Haven
Beta?: NOOOooo...

Unread postby Trahern » Wed May 18, 2011 11:11 pm

My appreciation of Comcast is approaching negative values. Please tell me the American internet is not usually so bitchy.

johnlite
Email Address: johnlite@hotmail.com

Unread postby johnlite » Wed May 18, 2011 11:36 pm

Trahern wrote:My appreciation of Comcast is approaching negative values. Please tell me the American internet is not usually so bitchy.

oh it can be worse.

many thanks; johnl 8-) :wninja:

PaganGirl86

Unread postby PaganGirl86 » Thu May 19, 2011 12:56 am

They are upgrading the lines in our neighborhood. Trust me, we have been having trouble working (even with business grade internet). Massive apologize, but we couldn't even send out an e-mail saying as such :(
Admin

SvenEndori
Beta?: Very willing to help.

Unread postby SvenEndori » Thu May 19, 2011 3:15 am

kittywitch wrote:They are upgrading the lines in our neighborhood. Trust me, we have been having trouble working (even with business grade internet). Massive apologize, but we couldn't even send out an e-mail saying as such :(

At least they're trying? I hope they finish soon, it really is annoying when they upgrade.

Trahern wrote:My appreciation of Comcast is approaching negative values. Please tell me the American internet is not usually so bitchy.

I've found that Comcast is usually pretty good. Other ISPs not quite so much, but I do think that Comcast is good, even if a bit pricey. They do have slowdowns when they're upgrading, but even on my mid-high-level home-grade service, it's fairly reliable in being as snappy as they said it would be, both in download and upload. In fact, I've found that my home-use-level Linksys router is more limiting to my speed than the service is.

SirSebastian wrote:One should never try to apply laws of nature to mad science.

Eoraptor
Pillar of the Haven

Unread postby Eoraptor » Thu May 19, 2011 10:41 am

Sven, Comcast are the original MFs of ISP's, they're the ones who first started, among other crimes against users, throttling all bit torrent traffic, and then lieing about doing it, and then lieing, to congress, about HOW they were doing it.

Comcastic indeed
-Lex Luthor

Return to “Administration Issues”