Report bugs and other issues with the forum here.
beeftony
Email Address: beeftony@yahoo.com

Unread postby beeftony » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:48 pm

Is there an option to make them display on the left that I've somehow missed? If not, would it be possible to add one? The new board already looks different enough. I don't need this playing havoc with my OCD on top of the already major adjustment.

*grumbles*
I cannot call to mind a single instance where I have ever been irreverent, except toward the things which were sacred to other people.

-Mark Twain

Tumblr

OsterPenPen
Imperial Secret Police
Beta?: Spelling & Grammar

Re: Avatars

Unread postby OsterPenPen » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:00 pm

The part of the User Control Panel (UCP) that normally has the theme selector for phpBBv3 is currently... not there. I suspect this means there is but a single theme at this time, and the layout of the page is dependant on the theme used. I'm sure that after the more critical fixes & tweaks are complete, you could probably start a poll for which alternative themes would be most popular.
Wisdom is not knowing everything. It is knowing you do not know everything and being smart enough not to do things that are really stupid.

Support Your Local Penguin

beeftony

Unread postby beeftony » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:01 pm

Whenever that is.... :roll:
I cannot call to mind a single instance where I have ever been irreverent, except toward the things which were sacred to other people.

-Mark Twain

Tumblr

OsterPenPen
Imperial Secret Police

Unread postby OsterPenPen » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:07 pm

Dammit, there I go talking like a computer again. *sigh* Let's try this again.

*Ahem* Top left of the screen is what's called the User Control Panel, or UCP. It is the replacement in phpBB Version 3 for the 'profile' button present in phpBB Version 2, which is what the old site used. It contains all of the options, settings & the like to control how you see the boards, as well as other features such as Private Messaging. If you aren't happy with something in the site itself, then that's the place you go to see if you can change it. At present, there is no option for changing the theme for the website, which is a compilation of text & background colors, layout & a number of other, related things.

Was that a little more human? It seems like a dialect of Lawyer to me, but that's still a step in the right direction, right?
Wisdom is not knowing everything. It is knowing you do not know everything and being smart enough not to do things that are really stupid.

Celestialdoggie
Beta?: Ask away
Email Address: karlmorey@comcast.net

Unread postby Celestialdoggie » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:10 pm

OstermanA wrote:Was that a little more human? It seems like a dialect of Lawyer to me, but that's still a step in the right direction, right?

Dunno, the general perception is that computer = digital and uncaring, lawyer = cold-blooded and reptilian. I suppose lawyers are technically alive, though, so closer? :roll:
I figured it was time to change this, but...there's really nothing to change it to.

beeftony

Unread postby beeftony » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:11 pm

I understood you the first time. I was simply expressing frustration at the multitude of delays incurred by a corrupted database that necessitated total reconstruction of the site. BTW, Shrink, is this the new site you were coding, or just another placeholder? Either way, it looks weird.

But I guess I'll have to live with it.... *sigh*

-Mark Twain

Tumblr

NightElemental
Email Address: etherelemental@gmail.com

Unread postby NightElemental » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:25 pm

Maybe they could create different skins that people could poke through and find one they like. I mean, the colors used currently aren't all that bad, even though I liked it a little darker, as it's a little easier on my eyes when my room light's on. And it's easier to go to sleep with it on my screen then before the screensaver kicks in. ^_^
Things would be a lot easier if they weren't so difficult.
ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

beeftony

Unread postby beeftony » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:30 pm

Um, that's what we were talking about. ;) As of now there's only one skin/theme. Shrink mentioned he'd get Ruachrei, who is a graphic designer, to work on what you suggested.

-Mark Twain

Tumblr

PaganGirl86
Email Address: kittywitch@kpslashhaven.net

Unread postby PaganGirl86 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:23 am

NightElemental wrote:Maybe they could create different skins that people could poke through and find one they like. I mean, the colors used currently aren't all that bad, even though I liked it a little darker, as it's a little easier on my eyes when my room light's on. And it's easier to go to sleep with it on my screen then before the screensaver kicks in. ^_^

we've been trying to get it back to the way it was, but the code is unlabeled - hence the trouble earlier when i was trying to fix it.
Admin

beeftony

Unread postby beeftony » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:30 am

Strider was the one who made the skin originally. But she's long gone by now....

-Mark Twain

Tumblr

OsterPenPen
Imperial Secret Police

Unread postby OsterPenPen » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:34 am

The 'Quote' button & the 'Online' banner are currently overlapping. You may need to reorient the online banner & move it to the left side.

Lord Kellendros
Dark Lord of the Forums
Email Address: cox911@yahoo.com

Unread postby Lord Kellendros » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:41 am

M'yeah, no... Information on the left does not work for me unless you drastically reduce the width of allowable avatars.

Edit: looks like 150 pixels wide would work for 800x600 resolution users.
Last edited by Lord Kellendros on Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"9999 Gil flies through the air!"
[Endboss takes 9999 damage; dies]
Thus proving that even in FFXII, there is no problem that cannot be solved
by throwing massive amounts of money at it.

PaganGirl86
Email Address: kittywitch@kpslashhaven.net

Unread postby PaganGirl86 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:41 am

OstermanA wrote:The 'Quote' button & the 'Online' banner are currently overlapping. You may need to reorient the online banner & move it to the left side.

i know. i'm working on it..
Admin

beeftony

Unread postby beeftony » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:42 am

OstermanA wrote:The 'Quote' button & the 'Online' banner are currently overlapping. You may need to reorient the online banner & move it to the left side.

But it looks better than before. Thanks to whoever did that. :)

-Mark Twain

Tumblr

gargoylekitty
Email Address: gargoylekitty@gmail.com

Unread postby gargoylekitty » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:50 am

Can't see the 'online' under tha avatars though it looks better than under 'quote'. Still should cut down on avatar size though.

Return to “Administration Issues”