Not able to get to the chat?

Report bugs and other issues with the forum here.
Nephkona
Beta?: Will try
Email Address: perrin_aybara_wolf_king@yahoo.com

Not able to get to the chat?

Unread postby Nephkona » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:09 am

I have been trying to get to the chat but java is giving me an error message for it, what am i doing wrong

Knowing me it will resolve itself, but I thought I would ask

edit:never mind java was giving me a bad combination of signed and unsigned error message
Spoiler:
"I'll bet Shego thought it would be really scary, huh? To fall so ferociously in love with someone like that. To be tied to someone like that, to be vulnerable to someone... to give away control. Me too. We're both madly competitive. And we didn't plan on it happening. It wasn't something I scheduled: '10:30 English, 11:15 Fall in love.' It just sort of snuck up on me, on us. But I found that I'd given away my heart, that she'd had taken it, accepted it, scars and all; that I held her heart in my own hands, with every one of its beautiful, deadly flaws. And suddenly, I realized I'd found a soulmate, someone special, precious, someone worth fighting with, fighting for. Only Shego and me, me and Shego. It was wonderful, and crazy. There are a million reasons why we shouldn't be together. Maybe it was wrong to the world. But for me, it was just so right."

Written by sPs, in the Story One Way or Another

Dovie’andi se tovya sagain

Your mother is so fat that the recursive function calculating her mass causes a stack error.

Neo the Saiyan angel
Email Address: neosaiyanangel@gmail.com

Re: Not able to get to the chat?

Unread postby Neo the Saiyan angel » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:11 am

I haven't been able to get to it for the past week or so.
My insanity on a scale of 1 to 10 is a lazy 8.

Eoraptor
Pillar of the Haven
Beta?: Maybe, but I go for the throat
Email Address: you can have my email address when you pry it from my cold, lifeless fingers!!!

Unread postby Eoraptor » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:04 am

firefox, with the chatzilla plugin... seriously.... I can help people set it up if they want
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor
Howard Tayler wrote:Never forget... when a social media site is free (Facebook), you're not the customer, you're the product

SickandWrong wrote:...like High Definition for fanfics.

PaganGirl86
Email Address: kittywitch@kpslashhaven.net

Unread postby PaganGirl86 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:06 pm

if you're having problems, we need to know what os and browser you're using. Please stop saying "i can't get this to work" without this information!

I just tested the chat and it worked fine for me, so long as i unblocked access with java (it should pop up).
Admin

twin-3
Beta?: Can do, worst at grammar

Unread postby twin-3 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:00 pm

IE8 & Opera checks out ok.
FF.NET
It seems that I'm a Deviant too

"I guess you get a bit blasé about death when you hang with the Reaper." ~me

"It looks awesome; Lets kill it!" ~Ruby Rose

Hold it right there, slick. I don't do cakes, okay? I don't bake 'em, and I don't jump out of 'em... Well... except cupcake... I'd definitely do her!

PaganGirl86
Email Address: kittywitch@kpslashhaven.net

Unread postby PaganGirl86 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:11 pm

safari also works
Admin

Eoraptor
Pillar of the Haven
Beta?: Maybe, but I go for the throat
Email Address: you can have my email address when you pry it from my cold, lifeless fingers!!!

Unread postby Eoraptor » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:14 pm

works in chrome despite its limited java and flash support. just more warnings than the other browsers.

neo, try reinstalling your java
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor
Howard Tayler wrote:Never forget... when a social media site is free (Facebook), you're not the customer, you're the product

SickandWrong wrote:...like High Definition for fanfics.

Shrink908
Site Admin
Email Address: shrink908@ndos.net

Unread postby Shrink908 » Sun May 09, 2010 1:33 pm

Just so people know. I am doing away with the Chat modification as it is no longer supported by it's original programmer and I feel that it's not worth the effort to try to maintain it. Our chat is a standard IRC chat room, there are many freeware and shareware IRC clients out there on the internet. I will make a general post with the information regarding the server so that you can configure a client to work with it. I only personally use mIRC so can only help with configuring that. Any other clients other people would have to help with.
The Shrink
KP/ Server Administrator
tech@kpslashhaven.net

Return to “Administration Issues”