Auto-scrolling upwards issue

Report bugs and other issues with the forum here.
Eoraptor
Pillar of the Haven
Beta?: Maybe, but I go for the throat
Email Address: you can have my email address when you pry it from my cold, lifeless fingers!!!

Re: Auto-scrolling upwards issue

Unread postby Eoraptor » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:55 am

It's not that it isn't compatible with dialup, it's that it won't automatically trigger the "connect to internet" event in windows. You can check your "Internet Options" icon in either IE or control panel, and set it to "always dial a connection" under the connections tab, that will often fix the problem.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor
Howard Tayler wrote:Never forget... when a social media site is free (Facebook), you're not the customer, you're the product

SickandWrong wrote:...like High Definition for fanfics.

Aulipheron

Unread postby Aulipheron » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:29 pm

Love Robin wrote:Try this and tell me if it works....

Thank you for your time and effort. The systems at work have no problem with this,
but at home, same thing; IE BS. Not that I post at work, of course... :roll:

It's nice to have a board where administrators of quality, such as yourself, take the time
to help others.

Another reason that KPSH is special.

Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home.
(closing line from the movie GATTACA)

Triaxx

Unread postby Triaxx » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:40 pm

Nope. It did it a couple times, then I couldn't get any connection at all, even manually connecting, so I simply uninstalled the damned thing. Now the internet works as well as it ever did. Which is admittedly only slightly better than having No Internet.

Sorry, I'm a bit jaded. My sister announced when she got back from college today that she had five bars of wireless strength and quick internet. My laptop on the other hand steadfastly refuses to acknowledge that it's not the only computer in the universe. It's old and cranky and still has stuff from the last owners but still.

PaganGirl86
Email Address: kittywitch@kpslashhaven.net

Unread postby PaganGirl86 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:36 am

Triaxx wrote:Nope. It did it a couple times, then I couldn't get any connection at all, even manually connecting, so I simply uninstalled the damned thing. Now the internet works as well as it ever did. Which is admittedly only slightly better than having No Internet.

Sorry, I'm a bit jaded. My sister announced when she got back from college today that she had five bars of wireless strength and quick internet. My laptop on the other hand steadfastly refuses to acknowledge that it's not the only computer in the universe. It's old and cranky and still has stuff from the last owners but still.

sounds like you need to reformat it.. O.O
Admin

lextenou
Site Admin
Email Address: lextenou@gmail.com

Unread postby lextenou » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:36 am

My laptop on the other hand steadfastly refuses to acknowledge that it's not the only computer in the universe. It's old and cranky and still has stuff from the last owners but still.

It's been an issue for Triaxx since as long as I've known him. The fact that computers hate him, I mean.

"We all need a few drinks to catch up to you when you're sober, Lex."

Eoraptor
Pillar of the Haven
Email Address: you can have my email address when you pry it from my cold, lifeless fingers!!!

Unread postby Eoraptor » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:37 am

yeah, and could be for a number of reasons, maybe the routers in his area are set to G only or G+N... or maybe he has pissed off the tech geinie
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor
Howard Tayler wrote:Never forget... when a social media site is free (Facebook), you're not the customer, you're the product

lextenou
Site Admin
Email Address: lextenou@gmail.com

Unread postby lextenou » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:42 am

I'd lay bets on the second one. All else equal, Triaxx has worse than crap luck with his systems.

"We all need a few drinks to catch up to you when you're sober, Lex."

Triaxx

Unread postby Triaxx » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:45 pm

I would reformat it, but the only copy of XP I have is 64-bit and the laptop is NOT.

Computers hate me, but the feeling is often mutual so it balances itself out.

The Wifi card is G and see's the networks just fine. The computer simply refuses to connect. I can dial the internet with my external modem (the internal one never worked), but all pages display 'Cannot Find Page'. I've tried a cable connection with the included card/adapter doo-hickey, but it refuses to acknowledge the computer on the other end, which I know for a fact works with other laptops.

You've hit the nail on the head with that one lex.

Eoraptor
Pillar of the Haven

Unread postby Eoraptor » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:51 pm

Well, Triax I have some *cough* copies of XP *cough* if you would like, I can send one out?
-Lex Luthor

Triaxx

Unread postby Triaxx » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:53 pm

That's alright, thanks though. If I fix it, then I haven't got anything to complain about. ;)

Return to “Administration Issues”