problems logging in

Report bugs and other issues with the forum here.
Alexlayer
"I am an Eternal Flame, baby!"
Email Address: DarkRunAway@aol.com

problems logging in

Unread postby Alexlayer » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:54 pm

Writing this on my phone, so I apologize for typos ahead of time.

So, for some reason, twice already I tried logging into the Haven through computers that aren't my main one, yet both times I've been unable to. I'll try to write dowm what I get instead.

General Error

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'ndos_kpslash.pjpbb_login_attempts' doesn't exist [1146]

An SQL error ocurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persist.

Any clues as to what's going on?
ImageImageImage
“Part of the appeal of the fantastic is taking ridiculous ideas very seriously and pretending they’re not absurd.” — China Miéville

Eoraptor
Pillar of the Haven
Beta?: Maybe, but I go for the throat
Email Address: you can have my email address when you pry it from my cold, lifeless fingers!!!

Re: problems logging in

Unread postby Eoraptor » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:14 pm

I've been occasionally getting SQL errors too. I thought it was just my connection tiing out, but maybe it is not
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor
Howard Tayler wrote:Never forget... when a social media site is free (Facebook), you're not the customer, you're the product

SickandWrong wrote:...like High Definition for fanfics.

Benzie
Beta?: PM me
Email Address: abeatbehind@yahoo.com

Unread postby Benzie » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:17 pm

I got the same thing while at work but my personal laptop is working just fine with it.

FF.N, if you were curious.
BUDDY CHECK 22; Till Valhalla
Ffordesoon wrote:"Ninjas have licenses? Where do they get 'em, the ninja DMV?" -'Challange!' Round Robin

Ffordesoon
Pillar of the Haven
Beta?: Hands full at the moment.
Email Address: ffordesoon@gmail.com

Unread postby Ffordesoon » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:20 pm

Been getting it, but just on my iPhone. Been afraid to log out on the iPad just incase it happens on here too.
I live in the weeds.

Alexlayer

Unread postby Alexlayer » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:54 pm

Now I can't even access from my phone. I dread losing my logged in status on my main computer and then being unable to log in anymore...
ImageImageImage
“Part of the appeal of the fantastic is taking ridiculous ideas very seriously and pretending they’re not absurd.” — China Miéville

Blackbird

Unread postby Blackbird » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:39 am

Well just got word from Alex on Skype that he can no longer log in on even his main computer. Is this a problem we're all gonna have to worry about in the near future?
You and your friends are dead! Your family's dead! You're pets are being killed! Your mom's a whore! You suck at life! You're going to hell! Deal with it!

twin-3
Beta?: Can do, worst at grammar

Unread postby twin-3 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:35 pm

i just tried logging my phone out and received the same error attempting to log it in again. so yeah, it's probably a general issue for all.
FF.NET
It seems that I'm a Deviant too

"I guess you get a bit blasé about death when you hang with the Reaper." ~me

"It looks awesome; Lets kill it!" ~Ruby Rose

Hold it right there, slick. I don't do cakes, okay? I don't bake 'em, and I don't jump out of 'em... Well... except cupcake... I'd definitely do her!

twin-3
Beta?: Can do, worst at grammar

Unread postby twin-3 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:39 pm

As to what is going on i'd bet the table used to keeping taps on loging attempts, to protect against brue force attacks, is corrupted or crashed and needs to be rebuild (not a phpbb expert though)
FF.NET
It seems that I'm a Deviant too

"I guess you get a bit blasé about death when you hang with the Reaper." ~me

"It looks awesome; Lets kill it!" ~Ruby Rose

Hold it right there, slick. I don't do cakes, okay? I don't bake 'em, and I don't jump out of 'em... Well... except cupcake... I'd definitely do her!

Diogenes
Beta?: Sure

Unread postby Diogenes » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:02 pm

Same issue on my laptop. It seems like it's coming up for everyone if we log out.
-Dio

Benzie
Email Address: abeatbehind@yahoo.com

Unread postby Benzie » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:24 am

So... has anyone gotten word from the Admins about when this might be fixed? 'Cause I haven't seen any of them on recently...

FF.N, if you were curious.
BUDDY CHECK 22; Till Valhalla
Ffordesoon wrote:"Ninjas have licenses? Where do they get 'em, the ninja DMV?" -'Challange!' Round Robin

Ffordesoon
Pillar of the Haven
Beta?: Hands full at the moment.
Email Address: ffordesoon@gmail.com

Unread postby Ffordesoon » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:53 pm

Well, I was just able to log back in on my phone after a few days of being locked out. Could be a fluke, could be they fixed it. I'm not willing to risk being locked out again to find out which.

I will say that I sent them an email and never heard back, so I dunno.
I live in the weeds.

Eoraptor
Pillar of the Haven
Beta?: Maybe, but I go for the throat
Email Address: you can have my email address when you pry it from my cold, lifeless fingers!!!

Unread postby Eoraptor » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:34 pm

Shrink PMed me and said he did not know about it till someone pinged him on facebook, and so fixed it today, the site was down for about a half an hour or so. So in the future folks, if you run into this, please go to the Messages area and PM the Admin Group.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor
Howard Tayler wrote:Never forget... when a social media site is free (Facebook), you're not the customer, you're the product

SickandWrong wrote:...like High Definition for fanfics.

Alexlayer

Unread postby Alexlayer » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:36 pm

I dunno either if something has been done or what, but just now I logged in for the first time in nearly a week! Here's praying I can do the same when I get to my computer at home. Do you people have ANY idea of how LONG my "to-post" list has grown!? When I get to it, you guys are HAVING IT!!

EDIT: Eor made me stumble upon my post. So, it's fixed. Thanks god Shrink!

ImageImageImage

badmediakarma

Unread postby badmediakarma » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:08 am

Finally back on! I've been trying for at least a week and couldn't access the site from my laptop or my phone. Tried contacting the admins a few days ago, but no response.
"I think love should be irresistible, like a drug, you know? I think when it happens you should just not be able to help yourself. I just wanted...more."

AmericanGecko
Pillar of the Haven
Email Address: gecko4891718@yahoo.com

Unread postby AmericanGecko » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:12 am

I'm back as well. Darn SQLs, how I loathe them.
A.G.
The Patriotic Reptile

:KP: FF.net :ron: Art Blog :rufus: DeviantArt

:idea: "The greatest challenge of any artist is to be your own harshest critic while simultaneously being your own biggest fan." - Anonymous
:idea: "Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, then drink in the moments that have the power to take your breath away."
:idea: "All the world's a stage...so follow your own script instead of letting someone else write it for you"
:idea: "If you waste all your money on crap and things that don't matter, what do you have to show for it in the end?"

Return to “Administration Issues”