Crow's having troubles.

Report bugs and other issues with the forum here.
Alexlayer
"I am an Eternal Flame, baby!"
Email Address: DarkRunAway@aol.com

Crow's having troubles.

Unread postby Alexlayer » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:15 am

I just got a couple of mails from him. He told me he changed his e-mail in his account, and now, for some reason, his account has somehow been deactivated. Please see if this can be adressed as soon as possible.
ImageImageImage
“Part of the appeal of the fantastic is taking ridiculous ideas very seriously and pretending they’re not absurd.” — China Miéville

crow76308
Email Address: jesse74henson@gmail.com

Re: Crow's having troubles.

Unread postby crow76308 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:05 pm

Thanks for the help! I'm back! :D
Robert A. Henlein wrote:A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

Alexlayer
"I am an Eternal Flame, baby!"
Email Address: DarkRunAway@aol.com

Unread postby Alexlayer » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:10 pm

Welcome back. ^__^
ImageImageImage
“Part of the appeal of the fantastic is taking ridiculous ideas very seriously and pretending they’re not absurd.” — China Miéville

Love Robin
13th Muse
Beta?: Sure thang!!
Email Address: loverobin@aol.com

Unread postby Love Robin » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:10 pm

As a safety net against hackers, anytime certain Profile details are changed, especially email deets, members' accounts need to be reviewed for reactivation. Which lately I've been doing about twice a week at best. we're getting *maybe* 1-3 valid-looking registrations out of every 5-6 *hundred*…

So folks, a good idea is *BEFORE* you make such changes, send a heads up to me and or the Admins so I can keep an eye out.
Love Robin, 13th Muse: "It's a Gift…and a Curse"
AOL, DA, FF.N, & Everywhere
--
Love Robin @ fanfiction.net
Now serving: Gypsies, Vamps & Thieves: 2
Recently:
  • Every Kim Possible
  • Norway, Norhow
  • Bonnie the Vampire Slayer
  • Sisters of the Slayer: Horse of War
--
DON'T START HAVING YOUR SIBLING SEX IN FRONT OF PEOPLE!! It's contagious, you know!! (link NSFW)
-Comment: Shit's contagious, yo…

Ffordesoon
Pillar of the Haven
Beta?: Hands full at the moment.
Email Address: ffordesoon@gmail.com

Unread postby Ffordesoon » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:18 pm

For future reference, which profile details are the ones we shouldn't change without contacting you?

If you don't want that information to be publicly viewable in case there are hackers lurking around, I suppose you could just send a PM to anyone who's curious. But we can't very well change our profiles comfortably if we don't know which changes will prompt a temporary deactivation.
I live in the weeds.

Love Robin
13th Muse
Beta?: Sure thang!!
Email Address: loverobin@aol.com

Unread postby Love Robin » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:47 pm

Ffordesoon wrote:For future reference, which profile details are the ones we shouldn't change without contacting you?

If you don't want that information to be publicly viewable in case there are hackers lurking around, I suppose you could just send a PM to anyone who's curious. But we can't very well change our profiles comfortably if we don't know which changes will prompt a temporary deactivation.
Not truly sure what all does it. Mostly anything which would be changed by a usurper. Primarily Email. I think passwords.

Simple things which only affect that which are visible to all are okay, such as avatars and siggies, it's the behind the scenes info which the system kicks back for double-checking.
Love Robin, 13th Muse: "It's a Gift…and a Curse"
AOL, DA, FF.N, & Everywhere
--
Love Robin @ fanfiction.net
Now serving: Gypsies, Vamps & Thieves: 2
Recently:
  • Every Kim Possible
  • Norway, Norhow
  • Bonnie the Vampire Slayer
  • Sisters of the Slayer: Horse of War
--
DON'T START HAVING YOUR SIBLING SEX IN FRONT OF PEOPLE!! It's contagious, you know!! (link NSFW)
-Comment: Shit's contagious, yo…

MikoHuntress

Unread postby MikoHuntress » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:18 am

Ffordesoon wrote:For future reference, which profile details are the ones we shouldn't change without contacting you?

Forreal. I didn't know any of this and changed info the other week. I had to wait to get my account activated. Wish I knew before it was gonna do that. At least I know now.

Edit: To add on to that I was having issues logging in something about my email then I was like "Oh I'll just change it." Q_Q I'm not even sure what the email issue was other than something AOHELL related.

Return to “Administration Issues”